Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#19561 - 06/25/01 08:40 PM Spending 9 days in Northern Spain, Where and how long should I stay?
Gillian Offline

Hi,
My husband and I are spending 9 days in Spain (Sept 1-9). After speaking with a friend, she suggested the cities Barcelona and San Sebastian. So I think we will spend our entire trip in the Northern section. This is what I am thinking..
Fly into Barcelona spend three days, go to Mallorca for three days and then San Sebastian for the last three. What do you think and any great places to stay when we are at any of the spots? My husband and I are adventuous and athletic so any activity suggestion would also be appreciated.
Thanks [email]null[/email]

#19562 - 06/26/01 05:47 AM Re: Spending 9 days in Northern Spain, Where and how long should I stay?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Your topic 'threw me' a bit. When I think of northern Spain I think of the north coast: Bilbao (where I would recommend Hotel Conde Duque), Santander, Gijon and a'Corunha. If you want 'active' visit Potes, about 25mi south of Unquera (Cantabria) in Picos de Europa.
But since you are already committed to San Sebastian, Mallorca and Barcelona, you may have to leave 'northern Spain' for your next trip. rolleyes

#19563 - 06/26/01 04:46 PM Re: Spending 9 days in Northern Spain, Where and how long should I stay?
esq Offline

Loc: miami,fl
Gillian, why don't you check the "Pirineos", they are between Barcelona and San Sebastian and there are plenty of adventurous and athletic things to do there. You can also go shopping to Andorra while you are at it.

#19564 - 06/26/01 07:25 PM Re: Spending 9 days in Northern Spain, Where and how long should I stay?
SuePycroft Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Gillian, I would drop Majorca and stay with Northern Spain, although I love Majorca, I think you are trying to do to much travelling in such a short time. For Northern cities, I would recommend a city called Zaragoza, a lovely place with plenty to see over a few days, and then on to Pamplona again a memorable city steeped in history. Both are within travelling distance by train from Barcelona.
Enjoy your holiday.
cool cool

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments