Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#19492 - 06/16/01 01:05 PM Any suggestions for Alicante?
bph Offline

Loc: aurora colorado
Saludos,My party of four will be in Spain for 10 days from Settember 16 thru the 26th-our itinerary is -4 nights in Madrid,2 nights in Toledo and $nights in Alicante-does anyone have any suggestions about seeing Alicante..muchas gracias

#19493 - 06/28/01 11:31 AM Re: Any suggestions for Alicante?
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I'm sorry I didnt' reply earlier to this one.
Alicante is wonderful. Just head down to the beach. There is a nice walkway packed with things to do and see. There are bars and dance clubs and the beach is right there.
For the day, go visit the Castillo de Santa Barbara. It's a castle built high on a hill overlooking the beach. You can take an elevator through the side of the hill to get to it. The view from there is fantastic.

Alicante also has plenty of things like most of the big cities in Spain, like shopping and other places to hang out. Spend some time walking around and I'm sure you'll find plenty to do.

#19494 - 06/28/01 01:21 PM Re: Any suggestions for Alicante?
jmp110372 Offline

Stayed in Alicante about 2 weeks ago for 4 days. The place is beautiful. The Port Area has tons of restaurants and just South (I mean walking Distance South) there is a nice mall with a little outside market.

Stayed at the Playa De San Juan Beach north of the Port and it was perfect.

I did not visit the castle, but there is no way you could not miss seeing it.

#19495 - 06/28/01 01:57 PM Re: Any suggestions for Alicante?
GOOSEMAN Offline

Loc: COLORADO, USA
bph, I am from CO (Durango) as well, and will be in Spain the same time period you will be there, maybe we could have a drink together somewhere?

#19496 - 07/01/01 12:45 PM Re: Any suggestions for Alicante?
bph Offline

Loc: aurora colorado
Thanks for the opinions on Alicante.
This site has been great!

#19497 - 07/25/01 05:12 PM Re: Any suggestions for Alicante?
janeenmaria Offline

Loc: Toms River, NJ USA
You will absolutely love Alicante! It is an amazing place!
I just got back last week after spending a sememster abroad in Alicante. There are so many things to do there. The beach is nice, and the one in San Juan is gorgeous too (many buses go directly to San Juan, 125 pesetas).
The nightlife is wonderful. First you start off either at the Rambla (Oliver's, Mulligan's, Murphy's) or in the Barrio (too many cool places with cheap drinks to name them all...) Be sure to try the mojito bar!
You have to duck down to get through the door (you'll know what i mean...)
Then after starting the party here, you go to the port. Stop at Potato's or Di Roma's. You will have a blast!
Did u know that Alicante is the so-called shoe capital of Spain? The have matching bags to go with practically every pair!!

Hope u have a wonderful trip. You'll have a great time in Alicante!

Janeen smile
smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1768 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments