Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#19441 - 06/04/01 12:37 PM greetings from green spain
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
hi all. here i am, in gijon at a nice internet place....just spent 5 glorious days in la corunya, with summerlike temperatures, sun, swimming pool, beach, seafood, albarinyo wine, etc etc. now i am in gijon, which, no offense to you asturianos on the board, cannot compare w.- la corunya but is still lovely, especially in the parador. Off to cangas de onis, then oviedo.... hey, the bancotel thing works really well and i'm glad to have discovered it. <yes, the north of spain is green and you may be green w- envy, but i am

feliz de la vida en estas tierras

#19442 - 06/04/01 01:25 PM Re: greetings from green spain
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
Rgf-
So glad to hear you're enjoying yourself. How could you not be!!? In a few weeks I'm off to Cádiz for a summer course at the U. there. Yipee! Time to start making some plans!!
I hope to explore la España Verde one day in the not so distant future. Que te lo pases bien, rgf.
Jen laugh

#19443 - 06/04/01 04:39 PM Re: greetings from green spain
karenwishart Offline

Loc: York,PA,USA
Glad to hear summer has arrived in that part of Spain. I'll be in Cantabria in less than 4 weeks and had worried it might still be a little chilly up there. I'll look forward to hearing more about your visit. Enjoy

#19444 - 06/04/01 08:51 PM Re: greetings from green spain
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
rgf,I was wondering how you were doing! I'm so glad to hear you are doing REALLY WELL! So happy the weather has been good! I can't wait to hear more details. Galicia is amazing! I can't wait...I only have a few more weeks til I am back too. ( I just have to get through typing and then grading finals! ugh!
Anyway, keep us posted!

#19445 - 06/05/01 01:39 PM Re: greetings from green spain
rgf Offline
Executive Member

thanks for all the greetings back! last night a saw the most wonderful flamenco ballet (yes >MM you can move this to another topic thread!) Sara Baras and company, in a work based on the life of Juana la Loca. aMAZING dancing, and the cantaores were splendid. I had my first bottle of SIDRA today-- the kind they splash as they pòur it. off to cangas de onis-- maybe i´ll post again from oviedo.

#19446 - 06/08/01 10:25 AM Re: greetings from green spain
esq Offline

Loc: miami,fl
Don't forget to have a fabada with the sidrilla!!!!!

#19447 - 06/08/01 06:18 PM Re: greetings from green spain
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
rgf: Careful in Covadonga...I'm sure jealous of your trip! As to the prior post, I will add my dos pesetas: "Con fabes y sidrina, non fai falta gasolina". And what's the favorite cookie in Asturias? The hórreo... rolleyes

#19448 - 06/10/01 04:32 AM Re: greetings from green spain
rgf Offline
Executive Member

oh, i have ahd about 4 bottles of sidrina and lots of fabada, queso de cabrales... oviedo is absolutely stunning. a wonderful city, with much to see, espec. the preromanico art. saludos and that is all for now, at 150 ptas per 15 mins... where is easy everything in oviedo!

#19449 - 06/10/01 01:11 PM Re: greetings from green spain
Castiza Offline

Loc: Madrid
rgf, have you learned how to "escanciar" sidra? It's really funny!

#19450 - 06/11/01 02:33 PM Re: greetings from green spain
rgf Offline
Executive Member

nope, didnt learn the way to escanciar la sidra, but i loved watching all the waiters do it! I am now in la corunya, in the wonderful hotel finisterre -- unfortch, not with bancotel this time because it isnt the weekend. I have a view of the whole harbor, and just spent some time in the pool (following siesta, of course). I strongly recommend travel to galicia and asturias in june if you can-- the weather is just as likely to be good or lousy in june, and the tourist season hasnt begun.

saludos y hasta la vuelta (thurs)

[ 06-24-2001: Message edited by: rgf ]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments