Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#19393 - 05/26/01 01:31 PM 4 days in barcelona?
cetly Offline

We three adults will be in Barcelona from 06/30/01 thru 07/04/01? Can you tell me what we really "must see" and what we shouldn't bother seeing? Also, any info about bullfights would be really appreciated. Thanks!

#19394 - 05/26/01 03:19 PM Re: 4 days in barcelona?
mabella Offline

Loc: miami, fl. usa
cetly, It depends on what you like. I found anything by Gaudi to be interesting. This includes Parc Guell(thought not the house tour) Palau Guell, la Pedrasta and especially the Sagrada Familia. I loved Barcelona. Good Luck!

#19395 - 05/27/01 11:23 AM Re: 4 days in barcelona?
Jerry K Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi there. I'm new to the board, so I hope I'm doing this right. One of your four days could be spent at Montserrat. I did not leave Barcelona till the afternoon & it was not enough time. Go in the morning. Take the Metro to Placa d'Espanya & change to the Generalitat train. Get off the train at Aeri de Montserrat and take the cable car up to the monastery. There is much to see.

#19396 - 05/29/01 05:30 AM Re: 4 days in barcelona?
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
If I were you, I would go through the Old City slowly, seeing the Cathedral, las ramblas, Plaza Jaume I, Ciutadella, etc.

Then you would want to see the Modernist things, ie Casa Battlo, Sagrada Familia, Palacio de la Música (incredible).

The Museo Nacional and the Museo Picasso are worth a visit. Also any guide book will be full of other sights. I highly recommend the Pedralbes Monastery which has an amazing gothic art collection. It's accesible by public transport (www.tmb.net). If you have time Montserrat as mentioned previously is well worth the trip.

Half of the appeal of Barcelona is that it's a very pleasant city to walk around, and one can spend hours just doing that.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2429 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments