Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#19291 - 05/08/01 04:37 PM Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
superddn Offline

Loc: NY, USA
Hi everyone! We have 9 days in Spain (May 18- May 28). We are planning to spend 4 days in Madrid (including 1 day trip to Tolido), then take an overnight train to Barcelona, spend 3 days there, and then for another 2 days we want to go to either Seville / Granada / or Cordoba. Does anyone have any suggestions? Which city should we choose? What do you think about the plan in general? Is 4 days in Madrid and 3 days in Barcelona enough? Any advise is appreciated. Thanks in advance... confused

#19292 - 05/08/01 07:25 PM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
superddn: You might want to check out the responses to Adam's question (Spain in 10 Days). It's a long way from Barcelona to Granada, Sevilla or Córdoba.

#19293 - 05/09/01 04:48 AM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Granada.

#19294 - 05/09/01 05:05 AM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Sevilla smile

#19295 - 05/09/01 11:54 AM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Cordoba!!!! rolleyes (Sorry, couldn't resist it!)

Jo-Anne

#19296 - 05/09/01 12:26 PM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

laugh laugh laugh

#19297 - 05/09/01 01:16 PM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
steveaqui Offline

Loc: Inglaterra
Without a doubt Sevilla next Granada and having seen Sevilla Cordaba is a waste of time.

#19298 - 05/09/01 01:25 PM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

OUCH!!! Ignore that last remark... the man is obviously drunk!! wink

My favourite is Sevilla, but each city has a different charm and to dismiss Cordoba out of hand like that is a bit strong! eek

I guarantee that your comment will create a few comments of it's own, steve!

#19299 - 05/09/01 01:56 PM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
steveaqui Offline

Loc: Inglaterra
Not drunk yet. But I'm expecting trouble like you say.
Still, over the last Semana Santa, in Sevilla I took a day trip to Cordoba and my impression was that Cordoba contained nothing that I could not find in Sevilla and additionally the sites in Sevilla were ten times better. The only exception was the bridge at Cordoba. I had planned spending three days there but as it turned out I was pleased that I didn't.

#19300 - 05/09/01 02:08 PM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

I'll whisper this, so nobody hears....... steve, I happen to agree with you, to tell the truth. If I had the choice, I would go every time to Sevilla, but I still think that you must spend at least a day in Cordoba to explore it, enjoy the Mezquita and gardens, fine tapas bars (not as good as Malaga, but that's another story!), Jewish quarter, patios, er.....I'm struggling now! frown

#19301 - 05/09/01 04:59 PM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
superddn Offline

Loc: NY, USA
Ok guys, by looking at the first few responses I got even more confused!!! ...But then it seems like there is a light at the end of this tunnel, and most of you agreed on Seville. I guess that's what it's going to be then! And, Carole, as for your response re Barcelona being far from Seville, we are flying back from Madrid, so we might as well do a little circle (Madrid-Barcelona-Seville-Madrid) (I really want to see Barcelona). Do you think it’s really ridiculous to do that? I thought that 2 nights we’d just sleep in the train instead of the hotel. Let me know if you think that it’s a really BAD idea??? Thanks a lot for all your help! smile

#19302 - 05/10/01 12:20 AM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
azboarder Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
I am going to be in Spain for 13 days and decided to forgo Barcelona myself. Instead I've decided to spend more time in other places and hit up Sevilla and Granada...and possibly Cordoba. Even though I'd LOVE to go there, Barcelona is just too far and I'm sure I'll go there on my next trip to Spain. laugh

#19303 - 05/10/01 12:05 PM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
mclarke Offline

Loc: Arlington, VA
Go to Seville; Granada. If you have time, then go to Cordoba.
Enjoy Spain!

#19304 - 05/10/01 09:45 PM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
jensdog Offline

Loc: Houston, TX 77006
I would say Granada. The Alhambra is not to be missed on a trip to Spain. Even if you just wander around those gardens. It is beautiful especially at night.

#19305 - 05/11/01 05:01 AM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Here here! Granada!

#19306 - 06/10/01 10:07 PM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
Dan Offline

Hi,

I just came from Spain, where I visited first Seville and than Granada. Seville is probably one of the most
beautiful cities in the world. After you see that, Granada is not impressing you that much. The only thing
that is a MUST though in Granada is Alhambra. You have to see it to believe it. So what to do ?

I’d say both . But if you have one day in Spain than that day shoud be given to Alhambra.

#19307 - 06/19/01 05:14 PM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
June22nd Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
I just came from Spain and LOVED the city of Seville! Very charming, manageable and beautiful. Since we spent the afternoon at the Reales Alcazar, we didn't bother with the Ahlambra (figured we'd save that for our next trip) We did spend one day in Cordoba and wished we hadn't - would have liked the extra day in Seville. I do admit, however, that we probably didn't give Cordoba a fair shake having only spent one day there. But, that was more than enough for us!

#19308 - 06/19/01 06:40 PM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
Catalina Offline

Loc: Madison ,WI, USA
Having spent many a lazy afternoon in the gardens of the Alcazar in Sevilla, I admit to having a very special fondness for it - BUT in NO WAY does it begin to compare with the Alhambra. It's too bad June 22, that you didn't go on to Granada from Cordoba. I do hope that you'll return to Spain and see the Alhambra. By the way, Cordoba is one of those cities that kind of "grow on you". I love it but realize that it's not that impressive to the newcomer so I never recommend it over Sevilla or Granada unless one has lots of time to spend. frown frown

#19309 - 06/20/01 05:12 PM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
Tia Offline

superddn, which one did you choose??? After spending three days in Granada and one day in Córdoba at the end of May my answer to your question is GRANADA! No doubt about that. tiajohanna

#19310 - 06/24/01 08:54 AM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
Ellis Offline

Loc: Tel Aviv, Israel
We may never know what the original poster of this topic chose...

On our trip to Spain we visited Cordoba, Sevilla and Granada. Each was special, each was unique. I am glad we spent time in each of these cities.

Best regards,
Ellis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1804 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments