Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#19291 - 05/08/01 04:37 PM Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
superddn Offline

Loc: NY, USA
Hi everyone! We have 9 days in Spain (May 18- May 28). We are planning to spend 4 days in Madrid (including 1 day trip to Tolido), then take an overnight train to Barcelona, spend 3 days there, and then for another 2 days we want to go to either Seville / Granada / or Cordoba. Does anyone have any suggestions? Which city should we choose? What do you think about the plan in general? Is 4 days in Madrid and 3 days in Barcelona enough? Any advise is appreciated. Thanks in advance... confused

#19292 - 05/08/01 07:25 PM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
superddn: You might want to check out the responses to Adam's question (Spain in 10 Days). It's a long way from Barcelona to Granada, Sevilla or Córdoba.

#19293 - 05/09/01 04:48 AM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Granada.

#19294 - 05/09/01 05:05 AM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Sevilla smile

#19295 - 05/09/01 11:54 AM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Cordoba!!!! rolleyes (Sorry, couldn't resist it!)

Jo-Anne

#19296 - 05/09/01 12:26 PM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

laugh laugh laugh

#19297 - 05/09/01 01:16 PM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
steveaqui Offline

Loc: Inglaterra
Without a doubt Sevilla next Granada and having seen Sevilla Cordaba is a waste of time.

#19298 - 05/09/01 01:25 PM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

OUCH!!! Ignore that last remark... the man is obviously drunk!! wink

My favourite is Sevilla, but each city has a different charm and to dismiss Cordoba out of hand like that is a bit strong! eek

I guarantee that your comment will create a few comments of it's own, steve!

#19299 - 05/09/01 01:56 PM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
steveaqui Offline

Loc: Inglaterra
Not drunk yet. But I'm expecting trouble like you say.
Still, over the last Semana Santa, in Sevilla I took a day trip to Cordoba and my impression was that Cordoba contained nothing that I could not find in Sevilla and additionally the sites in Sevilla were ten times better. The only exception was the bridge at Cordoba. I had planned spending three days there but as it turned out I was pleased that I didn't.

#19300 - 05/09/01 02:08 PM Re: Which one should we choose? Seville, Cordoba, or Granada?
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

I'll whisper this, so nobody hears....... steve, I happen to agree with you, to tell the truth. If I had the choice, I would go every time to Sevilla, but I still think that you must spend at least a day in Cordoba to explore it, enjoy the Mezquita and gardens, fine tapas bars (not as good as Malaga, but that's another story!), Jewish quarter, patios, er.....I'm struggling now! frown

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1888 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments