Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#19137 - 03/30/01 11:54 AM Around Madrid
dicwar Offline

Loc: WashingtonDCUnited States
I will have 4 or 5 days to see Madrid and surrounding sites, mainly Toledo, Escorial, Segovia, Avila, etc. I would prefer to see these cities on a tour, if possible, or several in one day. I'd just as soon not stay in Madrid - what kind of circuit would you suggest? Bottom line: how can I see the most in as short a time as possible so I can get on down to Andalucia?

#19138 - 04/03/01 03:51 PM Re: Around Madrid
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
If you're into "seeing" for the sake of seeing, you can do Valle de los Caidos, Avila, and Segovia in a day (a long day...with Segovia in the evening). Having been to all three, I recommend Avila and Segovia for sure. VdlC is okay, but don't take too long (you won't have to worry...not much there).

The cathedral in Avila is built into the walls, so you can kill two birds with one visit there...go see cuatro postes on the lower part of town, and head out to Segovia.

Many have expressed their opinions already on Segovia. Do a thread search and see what you think. My top five: Cathedral, aqueduct, Alcázar, Romanesque churches in town (San Miguel...) and La Iglesia de la Vera Cruz, located below the Alcázar on the road towards Zumarramala.

Have a great trip!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments