Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#18965 - 03/10/01 02:04 AM 7 days Madrid & North w/bancotel
karenwishart Offline

Loc: York,PA,USA
I'm in the final stages of planning last week June in Spain.Plan so far is 2 days & nites in Madrid at Hostal Persal(not with Bancotel), drive (or bus? there's 3 of us)to Santander(actually Suances.. note: this town has never been mentioned..anyone been there?)Using 2 bancotel checks for 2 nights at CuevasIII (extra bed for 3rd pers.incl). Driving to Haro/Logrono area ,staying at Monastery/Hostal in San Millan de la Cogolla for 1 night using 2 checks(needed to book 2 rooms for 3 pers.)will visit Wine festival in Haro while there. Now comes my question. When I leave Haro on Fri evening I would like to drive to Segovia for my last 2 nights before driving to Palencia for a week of soccer (need to arrive in Palencia sometime Sunday)Am I trying to do too much? I might try to find a cheap sleep just before Segovia and save my last Bancotel check for Segovia. I'll appreciate any comments on my intinerary. Thank you all for so much advice/knowledge. Antonio..that Bancotel was such a great tip. Also the car rental thing.I take it you can pick up & drop off at different cities w/no penalty. Am planning to check out Avis & Hertz.

#18966 - 03/10/01 04:58 AM Re: 7 days Madrid & North w/bancotel
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Karen,

I didn't say anything about Bancotel. I think it was rgf the first who talked about it.

Surely, you understand that I'm not going to recommend people go to a hotel. You should all try hostales

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#18967 - 03/10/01 08:26 AM Re: 7 days Madrid & North w/bancotel
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
No, it was Anchovy Front who mentioned the bancotel program-- I thanked HIM for the tip! What is so great about Spain is precisely the excellent mix of accommodations. Hostales are perfect for some people, and hotels, especially at the rate of 45 euros a night, work out well for others.

#18968 - 03/10/01 09:52 AM Re: 7 days Madrid & North w/bancotel
karenwishart Offline

Hmm I have to stop posting at 2AM. My brain gets too full. Anyway thanks AnchovyFront and thanks Antonia for all the OTHER great stuff.Actually I'm not liking the look of what's offered in Segovia w/Bancotel(TOO hotelish) I'm looking for info on Hostal Acueducto or something similar in Old Town w/views of aqueduct.

#18969 - 03/10/01 10:32 AM Re: 7 days Madrid & North w/bancotel
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Does Bancotel offer the Hotel los linajes in Segovia? I stayed there once and it was lovely; good location, charm, etc

#18970 - 03/10/01 03:50 PM Re: 7 days Madrid & North w/bancotel
karenwishart Offline

No RGF it doesn't. I think I will use my last check in Aranda de Duero and then proceed to Segovia for my last night and do a hostal.Your suggestion does sound nice but I little more ptas. than I wanted to do at rack rate. Any other suggestions with charm, view, location etc. As I will have a car maybe the fact that Los Linajes has a garage more than compensates for price. Anyway still looking..

#18971 - 03/12/01 09:03 AM Re: 7 days Madrid & North w/bancotel
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Hi Karenwishart. Yes, I'm afraid I was responsible for the Bancotel stuff. I have stayed in the Hotel Los Arcos in Segovia with one cheque and yes, it was, um, hotelish, I suppose! Very comfortable and a five minute walk from the aquaduct, with a garage.

#18972 - 03/12/01 08:50 PM Re: 7 days Madrid & North w/bancotel
karenwishart Offline

AnchovyFront, do you happen to know if I go ahead and book a twin room using 1 check will they let me add an extra bed for a surcharge? Some hotels are saying "impossible" when I try for xtra bed but "possible" if I don't, though I was able to get the third bed incl at one booking. I've asked Bancotel via email but they don't seem to quite get what I'm asking.Also..is the tax due based on the check price or the actual going rate of the room?Thanks for info!!

#18973 - 03/14/01 08:38 AM Re: 7 days Madrid & North w/bancotel
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Don't know about the third bed situation, I'm afraid, although I seem to remember seeing soemthing here about using a cheque and getting a third bed at no charge. I would think it varies from hotel to hotel, so you should just ask them direct.

You only pay the tax on the value of the cheque, so for instance, where the hotel only requires one cheque you pay them 456 Pts, which is 6% of 7.600 Pts. (or is it 7%? - either way it's not a lot!)

#18974 - 03/14/01 12:25 PM Re: 7 days Madrid & North w/bancotel
karenwishart Offline

That is good news. I saw what the going rate is for some of the hotels and got scared!! I did hear back from Bancotel about the xtra bed and they told me to contact the hotel, as you suggested, and then just book the twin if I can make arrangements for the 3rd person.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2591 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments