Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#18919 - 02/25/01 01:48 PM recommended travel in spain
rosen26 Offline

Loc: united states
My husband and I are traveling to Spain for 9 days. I have already been to Barcelona and San Sebastian. Any suggetions on WONDERFUL places to travel anywhere in Spain would be greatly appreciated.

#18920 - 02/26/01 06:22 AM Re: recommended travel in spain
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
If you can tell us when you will be visiting Spain, that might make a difference on which part(s) would be best to visit

#18921 - 02/27/01 01:56 PM Re: recommended travel in spain
rosen26 Offline

Loc: united states
We will be travelling from March 20-29. Hope to hear a response soon. Thanks.

#18922 - 02/28/01 09:26 AM Re: recommended travel in spain
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Madrid is nice in early Spring:unfortunately residential heating doesn't end until 1 Apr,
so Madrid's air quality may leave something to be desired that week, especially if you suffer from respiratory problems.

San José is Mar 19: the Fallas de Valencia will have just ended when you arrive, but I have found that celebrations continue down the coast (Benidorm, Campello, Alicante) for at least a week (bullfights, etc.). They'll be 'marking time' until Palm Sunday (Apr 8) when there are 'Corridas' in Toledo and the Madrid area.

The weather should be pretty nice in Coastal Andalucia (and Sevilla, although that is their showery season). Having already been to Barcelona and San Sebastian, I would recommend about 4-days in Madrid (with day trips to Toledo and Segovia), and a trip to Andalucia: ours would be on a train called Triana to Cadiz - then buses to el Puerto de Santa Maria and Jerez de la Frontera as we work our way back to Sevilla where we spend 2-days before taking AVE back to Madrid to catch our flight home.

The Alicante thing I mentioned earlier is just if you want to 'kick back' and relax.

#18923 - 03/04/01 10:58 PM Re: recommended travel in spain
balanceok Offline

Loc: Tulsa, OK USA
Four Days for Madrid: City Center - 1 day, Toledo - 1 day, Burgos - 1 day, Segovia and Valle de los Caidos - 1 day.
Granada - 1 day
Sevilla - as long as you can.

Have fun!!

#18924 - 03/06/01 08:33 AM Re: recommended travel in spain
smatamor Offline

The most beautiful part of Spain, in my opinion, is Andalucia. I would plan at least 4 days there: 2 in Seville, 1 in Granada, 1 travelling thru the Pueblos blancos (Ronda)...if you have some extra time go to Cordoba as well. Then I would take 4 days for Madrid: 1-2 in the city, 1 in Segovia and 1 in Toledo...if you have extra time, go to El Escorial and Valle de los Caidos. Enjoy!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1822 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments