Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#18870 - 02/19/01 11:13 AM Running Trails
Kimberley Offline

Loc: Boulder, Colorado, USA
Hello

I'll be in Spain for two weeks (fly into Barcelona, out of Madrid and taking the northerly route) and although I'm no Marion Jones I need to run or else I get cranky. Plus I have HUGE 10K race when I get back. Any suggestions for short-moderate length runs?

Thanks
Kimberley

#18871 - 02/19/01 10:00 PM Re: Running Trails
Cristobal Offline

Loc: San Francisco CA USA
Hi Kimberly, if you are going to be in Barcelona, I can think of two places. Along the coast from the end of Las Ramblas( Plaza de Colon) up to Mar Selva, you can get about 8 miles on the jogger path. A better place is Montjuic, where the Olympic Stadium is located. It a huge hilly park with plenty of dirt trails for running. There is a good practice track about 1 kilometer away from the stadium. Some of the Spanish national runners train there. On March 18, there is the Barcelona Marathon, so you can jump in for a few miles there. I hope this helps. It should be nicer to run there in March rather then July. Ugh....it was Hot!!!!

#18872 - 02/20/01 10:48 AM Re: Running Trails
Kimberley Offline

Loc: Boulder, Colorado, USA
Thanks so much!! I'm getting very excited (even though I have two month to go...).

The trails around Barcelona sound great, although I will probably skip the track - well, not literally

Thanks again
Kimberley

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments