Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#18851 - 02/14/01 01:21 PM Tarragona
AustinChief Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I havenīt posted much on this board... but I have "lurked" here for the last three months. I have just moved to Spain from Texas, and Iīm currently living in Tarragona. (one week and counting!) I have a cell phone, an apartment and a few leads on jobs here. I just wanted to thank everyone on this board for all the great information and advice that I have read.

If anyone makes it out to Tarragona or wants to meet up in Barcelona, drop me a line at Kyle@chiefsplanet.com

--Kyle

P.S. If anyone needs information on Tarragona, Iīd be happy to oblige.

#18852 - 02/14/01 05:12 PM Re: Tarragona
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Thanks and good luck!!

#18853 - 02/14/01 06:29 PM Re: Tarragona
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Kyle - way to go! Please be sure and keep us all posted on how things work out - are you going to be working legally - how did oyu manage it? How hard was it getting an apartment as a foreigner - read non EU person, etc.

#18854 - 02/15/01 12:03 AM Re: Tarragona
aphra Offline

Loc: New York City, USA
I'll be there in late September on a day trip from Barcelona. My primary goal that day will be to visit Rasquera and bear witness to my uncle's participation in the Civil War. But I'm a sucker for museums of archaeology, and I hear there's a particularly excellent one in Tarragona. Have you been?

#18855 - 02/15/01 07:45 AM Re: Tarragona
AustinChief Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I canīt answer any work questions yet, because I havenīt decided on what Iīm going to do... but Iīll update this thread as soon as I have something concrete.

Getting an apartment wasnīt hard... but Iīm living with a buddy who lived here 3 years ago (so we just used the same agent that he used then to find the apartment.) If you donīt have any connections then getting an apartment (if your non-EU and donīt have a job yet) can be a little tricky. Most places will require ALOT of money upfront. If you have the cash (usually 4-6 months rent) then no problem.

I havenīt been to the museum of archeology yet, but I have also heard that it is pretty good. There are plenty of Roman ruins (amphitheatre, aqueduct, town walls, Necropolis) for anyone who is interested.

--Kyle

P.S. For anyone moving to Spain, cell phones are awesome here. Everyone has one and they are relatively cheap. You can stop at almost any stand and buy a phone and prepaid minutes. When you run out of minutes you can get the phone recharged at ATMs, banks, grocery stores, just about anywhere!

#18856 - 02/15/01 01:15 PM Re: Tarragona
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
AustinChief in Tarragona, I live in Castelldefels and work in Barcelona. Drop me an email at lsigler_1@yahoo.com

Aphra in NYC, ditto if you are here in Septiembre. Where in NYC do you live anyway?

#18857 - 02/13/06 04:39 AM Re: Tarragona
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
MadridMan's visiting Tarragona City in 2 weeks and I'm looking forward to it. I honestly knew nothing about the Mediterranean city until reading a few of these threads about it here. The Roman theater ruins is located just one block from my hotel. I'm only there from about noon one weekday until about 5pm the next day as I'm mainly going for the Ismael Serrano concert there at the Teatre Metropol which is only about 5 or 6 blocks from my hotel too. AND, the train station (I'm going by the new, faster, Altaria train) is only about 6-8 blocks from my hotel so it would seem that I won't need to use taxis or public transportation to get around. Can't wait.

While I'll be studying the touristic details of the city online, I'd be interested to hear personal accounts from those who have visited the city of Tarragona. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#18858 - 02/24/06 05:16 AM Re: Tarragona
Samsonite Offline

Hi MadridMan and everyone! I stayed in Tarragona two nights a few years ago and really enjoyed the town. The main street which leads to the beach is a great walk, especially in the evening when the locals are out strolling.
I found the place just by chance, since I had planned to stay in Barcelona but it was sold out due to the World Cup.
Turns out it's only a 40 minute train ride from there to Sants station and scenic too, along the ocean.
Looking forward to visiting the area again. smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2650 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments