Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#18833 - 02/12/01 12:39 PM What part of Spain most closely resembles Tuscany?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
We are very fond of Italy, especially Tuscany, which we visited last May. We're looking for a bit of Tuscany's topography, climate, etc. in Espana, a country that we have loved since our first trips in the 1970s. Maybe La Rioja??

#18834 - 02/16/01 11:59 AM Re: What part of Spain most closely resembles Tuscany?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Has no one been to Tuscany? Although I have a long-time love affair with Spain, Italy too is wonderful. Is this treason??

#18835 - 02/16/01 12:06 PM Re: What part of Spain most closely resembles Tuscany?
connie Offline

Oh yes, I frequently was in Tuscany and love it, it is wonderful. I could not say, though, which Spanish region resembles it because I find it quite different.
I have not been to La Rioja, though. Maybe the landscape is similar, but I guess the art and architecture, which are some of the features that makes the Toscana unique, would not have any similarity.
Anyhow, I would be grateful, too, if someone had a more concrete answer

[This message has been edited by connie (edited 02-16-2001).]

#18836 - 02/16/01 12:16 PM Re: What part of Spain most closely resembles Tuscany?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Yes, they really are different. I'd venture to say you'd enjoy La Rioja, and also Asturias, for the green hills, the farm lands, beaty of the small towns. But I worry that it won't be "toscano" enough for you? And it can be cool and damp in those regions, even in summer.

[This message has been edited by rgf (edited 02-16-2001).]

#18837 - 02/16/01 12:21 PM Re: What part of Spain most closely resembles Tuscany?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

I'm thinking mostly about the topography and climate. It goes without saying that I found the art and architecture of Tuscany superb.

#18838 - 02/16/01 03:55 PM Re: What part of Spain most closely resembles Tuscany?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Tuscany, what, lush green hills, lots of sun.... maybe somewhere in Catalunya??

#18839 - 02/16/01 09:09 PM Re: What part of Spain most closely resembles Tuscany?
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
I'm sorry, but any mention of loving another country as much as Spain is totally unacceptable here!

Seriously though, I too love Tuscany, Italy as a whole, actually. I just don't think there is any equivalent to it in Spain. Oddly enough, I was in Wisconsin a few months ago, and the view from my friends window, really reminded me of it. I haven't had that feeling anywhere else yet - probably why tuscany has the individual reputation that it does..

#18840 - 02/17/01 12:08 AM Re: What part of Spain most closely resembles Tuscany?
SpainSpud Offline

So, is this an appropriate place to mention that someone once said "I fell in love with Italy, but I married Spain..." ?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mah-g, Ricardo Mata
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1679 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments