Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#18675 - 01/31/01 08:34 PM HELP-Madrid in May
esmerlda Offline

I am planning a trip to Spain as a surprise for my husband's 30th birthday. We will be flying into Madrid, and I am looking for help with our itinerary. It is open right now. Our travel dates are May 11-26. Any ideas?? Please help

#18676 - 01/31/01 10:15 PM Re: HELP-Madrid in May
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
I was in Madrid in May last year. Around May 15, the Fiesta de San Isidro begins. Its a week long celebration dedicated to Madrid's patron saint. Last year it was very rainy in Madrid in May, but the locals said that was unusual for that time of year. keep us posted on what you've got planned.

Kurt

#18677 - 01/31/01 11:13 PM Re: HELP-Madrid in May
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
See the post (it's up today) on Segovia, Toledo etc. I think you could do several days in Madrid and then follow an itinerary to the north of Madrid and also of course Toledo... Spain is very manageable. Just remember to give each place enough time to really get into it (Madrid, at least 3-4 days; the smaller towns, a long full day or 2 days, etc)

#18678 - 02/01/01 08:51 AM Re: HELP-Madrid in May
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
End of May and June are from my point of view the best months to visit Madrid. Warm weather but not scorching although it is probable that it will rain but only probable.
As for Madrid keep in mind that your are traveling to one of the most charming cities in Europe but one of the most difficult ones to get to know. Beforehand information, time and stamina are necessary if you really want to enjoy a city that is more than worth it.

Regards,

Andrés Jarabo (Quaint taverns guide)

------------------
Taste Madrid with:
http://www.walksofspain.com

#18679 - 02/14/01 09:02 AM Re: HELP-Madrid in May
esmerlda Offline

Thanks for the help. I have rented several videos and many books from the library to acquiant myself with Spain. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Or any other sites not to miss?

#18680 - 02/14/01 01:44 PM Re: HELP-Madrid in May
Chicagoan Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Esmerlda - I went to Spain for MY 30th birthday a few months ago and here's what I did, I took my boyfriend along:
one night in Madrid, two nights in Toledo, took the AVE to Seville for two nights (I thought Seville would be the highlight of my trip, and it WAS nice, but I cut it short one night so I could spend an extra night back in Madrid!) Then back to Madrid for two more nights. We stayed near the Santa Ana area. The streets around Calle Victoria had great restaurants, a fun cuban bar with a band and nice nighlife. We didn't go to any wild discoteques but managed to stay out until 3 or 4AM every night and drank plenty of rioja wine. I felt like we had the perfect amount of time in each of the 3 cities. Spain is PERFECT for a 30th birthday!

I would recommend the Rick Steves guide to Spain and Portugal. It was the best guidebook I found for that particular trip. He has some good tapas restaurant ideas.

Good Luck!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1789 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments