Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#18499 - 12/30/00 07:11 PM Feedback wanted on Morocco
bjs14kt@cs.com Offline

Loc: east moriches, N.Y. U.S.A.
After reading posting on incident in Tangier, I'm a little concerned. Do you think its worth going into Morocco? Any 1 or 2 day tours available?

#18500 - 01/05/01 06:00 PM Re: Feedback wanted on Morocco
Shon Offline

Loc: Athens, GA
Hope this information helps some. My husband and I just got back yesterday from Marabella. We were all over the southern coast from Marabella down to Algerias (sp). We did not take the trip over to Morrocco although we were seriously thinking of it. Most of the tours leave in the morning around 8:00 and they return back in the evening. you can park your car at the port and it is guarded while you are gone, you can also take it with you on the ferry. The cost we were quoted from our resort was 8000 pesetas...however, when we went to Gibralter, there are a lot of places to buy the tickets and they go acutally for about 4000 pesetas...so compare your prices. But i think, for just one day it is okay to do. They view you will have will be breathtaking. Some of our best photos came from this area. You can also drive all up the coast everything is pretty close.

#18501 - 01/08/01 10:01 PM Re: Feedback wanted on Morocco
chopchi Offline

Last summer I actually included a trip to Tangiers with my high school students!We were staying in Marbella for the end of our 14 day tour of Spain.We first ddrove down to Gibraltar-it was fascinating to learn about the importance it held during WWII-did you know that inside the rock there was a complete hospital as well as message center ready for emergencies.The highlight were those apes!In the afternoon we took the hovercraft across to Tangiers.That in itself was great.We mingled with people from all over the world.My students were fascinated by the variety of items that the locals were taking back home-a tire,a bike frame metal buckets,sponge mops,some sort of bales of grass,motor parts......
The only disconcerting fact that you need to be aware of is that the captain of the ship collects all passports from tourists.We watched them thrown into plastic bags!-Quite an uncomfortable feeling,no receipts are given for them. You must hold on to your return ticket for the hovercraft because that is what you show to the officials on boarding the hovercraft back to Gibralter.
When you get off the boat there are loads of tour guides begging you to choose them.We had our minibus tour arranged for us in Gibraltar.I can't imagine seeing all that we saw on your own-it was a great experience from the camel ride,snake charmer, herb market,Casbah,sitting on the floor in the restaurant and being mesmerized by the graceful but well-endowed mature belly dancers!-quite a contrast to the flamenco dancers they enjoyed in Sevilla! My students learned to walk quickly and hold onto each other through the narrow winding alleys! What a contrast to Marbella but they all agreed it was worthwhile visiting.Their treasured souvenirs are glass Coca Cola bottles with Arabic writing.What memories they have!The half day tour was just enough!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1642 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments