Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#18449 - 01/03/01 08:07 PM In case you were wondering...Feria de Abril dates
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
A couple of people in different threads have been asking about Feria de Abril en Sevilla, 2001. So............

April 29th - May 6th are the dates. By all means, get there if you can!

More info at www.sevilla.org

As always, a pleasure to be of service.

[This message has been edited by Kurt (edited 01-04-2001).]

#18450 - 01/24/01 09:43 PM Re: In case you were wondering...Feria de Abril dates
berttt Offline

Loc: Florida,USA
Why are you giving the wrong dates for the Feria. I've e-mailed and/or called the Spain Tourist Board in Miami, New York and Chicago and per the web page http://www.andalucia.com/flamenco/feriasevilla.htm the dates are April 24 thru 29th
I'm planning my trip around the feria so it was very important I get this right and www.sol.com has the wrong dates too so I checked very carefully.

#18451 - 01/24/01 11:47 PM Re: In case you were wondering...Feria de Abril dates
Kurt Offline

I got my info from the city of Seville web site, which seems to me like a good authority on these things.

As to "why" I posted the "wrong" dates, must I really answer such a ridiculous question? Maybe its just to screw with rude hotheads such as yourself.

enjoy the fair, whenever it is.

#18452 - 01/25/01 02:02 PM Re: In case you were wondering...Feria de Abril dates
berttt Offline

I apologize if I worded my question so as to appear rude. That was not my intent and I am surely not a hothead. I just was very frustrated trying to find the correct dates myself and am looking forward to my first trip to Spain. This was my first posting to this website. Maybe I should just read but I did want to make others aware of the correct dates. Adios y lo siento

#18453 - 01/25/01 05:41 PM Re: In case you were wondering...Feria de Abril dates
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Okay. Okay. This could happen to anyone. Now shake hands, slap each other on the back, and give each other a friendly smile. By the way, did I mention I was going to Spain for Semana Santa this june? hehehe... (no, not really)

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#18454 - 01/27/01 03:19 AM Re: In case you were wondering...Feria de Abril dates
Kurt Offline

Hey, Life's too short, Brettt. When I said Enjoy the Fair, I meant it sincerly.

Now, about the dates. A visit to the Sevilla web site says the dates I originally posted are , in fact, the dates for the Feria. So what are the correct dates? I'm sure that you're not the only one wondering, Brettt.

Again, my apoligies for comoing off "rude" myself. Let's just find out once and for all when the correct dates for the fair are (because it is something not to be missed).

Peace to all (including Brettt )...Kurt

#18455 - 01/29/01 03:27 PM Re: In case you were wondering...Feria de Abril dates
berttt Offline

Hi Me again I'm so sorry to have misled you. I thought I better do some rechecking because sol.com and the seville web site had Apr 29-May 6th so I called the hotel in Seville I booked as well as another tourist ofc in Spain and they said those are the correct days. So I recalled the tourist ofc of Spain in NY and she just said they changed it and "she hated when that happens" so now I have to rebook my hotel and tour but not til I go have a good cry. I thought I had planned out everything so well in advance. I hope I can still get a room and it doesn't wind up costing me an arm and a leg in penalties. I'm sorry Kurt and I owe you a bunch for bringing this to the open or I would have been standing in an open field in Seville hating the world and everything in it.

#18456 - 01/30/01 12:35 AM Re: In case you were wondering...Feria de Abril dates
abrand Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon USA
So what is this Feria de Abril everyone is so excited about. I'll be in Spain during those dates should I make my way to Sevilla?

Do tell!!!

Amber

#18457 - 01/30/01 08:34 AM Re: In case you were wondering...Feria de Abril dates
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Feria is part of Spanish culture, and happens everywhere. But the Feria de Abril is Sevilla's and is probably the most famous. It is celebrated in thousands of songs (Sevillanas). If you haven't booked ahead, you'll have trouble finding a room!

!Anda, Andalucia!
Andalucia es asi,
Una copa en el Rocio,
y otra en la Feria de Abril!

#18458 - 01/31/01 10:08 PM Re: In case you were wondering...Feria de Abril dates
Kurt Offline

abrand-

The Feria de Abril (or Feria de Primevara) began in the 1800's as a cattle and horse fair for sevill'a well-to-do ranchers. Its grown into a huge party. The fair covers more than a square mile. All the streets and walkways are overhung with colorful, paper-covered lights, and the streets all through Sevilla are filled with flower-festooned horses and carriges. They're are hundreds of tents (casettas) lining the streets of the feria, each one its own party. Some are private, but most are open to the public. Just walk in, order a cerveza, have some tapas, and watch the people in their traditional local dress (the women wear beautiful full-length, billowing 'flamenco-style' dresses)dance the sevillana all night long. Better yet, join in!. On the final night at midnight, they symbolically close the fair by turning off the incrediblly lit, huge front gate, then a massive fireworks show starts across the river. There is also a large asmusement park next door. It is not to be missed.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments