Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#18393 - 12/08/00 07:18 PM Re: Christmas in Madrid
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
rgf,

Here is the itinerary,

Paseo de Coches del Retiro, calle Alcalá, Plaza de Cibeles, Puerta del Sol, calle Ciudad Rodrigo and Plaza Mayor. Show at the Plaza Mayor before the arrival of the 3 Reyes Magos (3 wise men?).

Regards,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

[This message has been edited by Antonio (edited 12-09-2000).]

#18394 - 12/09/00 07:27 AM Re: Christmas in Madrid
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Re: something to bring for your girlfriend's father. My host in Madrid likes cheese, so I took him some Extra Sharp Cheddar. He was delighted! He knew the Cheddar-type cheeses from their English origins. I surprised him by asking for the mustard: He brought me the mustard with a puzzled look on his face and watched as I put mustard on my cheese. He tried it with mustard and said that they went well together. Unfortunately we didn't have any Coleman's English mustard.
P.S.
The mustard didn't go that well with the Manchego cheese that we had later.

#18395 - 12/09/00 01:33 PM Re: Christmas in Madrid
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Antonio, thanks for the itinerary. I am looking forward to seeing this even though I am not exactly a child!! I have never been in Madrid for Reyes!

#18396 - 12/18/00 11:43 AM Re: Christmas in Madrid
David K Offline

I'm leaving for Madrid tonight and will get there Tues. morning. Will send a report if I come across anything that's interesting and that hasn't already been covered on this board. ¡Feliz Navidad!

#18397 - 12/20/00 11:31 AM Re: Christmas in Madrid
David K Offline

¡Estoy en Madrid! I just had a brief tour of Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor (which I think looks much better without those ¨puestos¨ in the middle...it looks like they transplanted a part of the boardwalk from Seaside Heights, NJ [not that I´m knocking NJ...I´m from there] to this otherwise magnificent locale), Plaza de España, Gran Vía, etc. I also had "el aperitivo" and I am enjoying the freedom of smoking anywhere. Everybody´s getting ready for Christmas

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1804 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments