Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#18347 - 11/28/00 03:10 PM Spain Islands
rana Offline

Loc: Chicago,IL USA
Hello All. I just wanted to say that this message board has been very helpful to me in trying to plan my trip to Spain.
I am going next week for 16 days, spending 4 in Madrid, 3 in Barcelona and the rest travelling back to Madrid along the southern coast.
Does anyone have any opinions on visiting any of the islands. Are any of them worth it(especially in December) or should I stick to the main cities.

#18348 - 11/28/00 04:59 PM Re: Spain Islands
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
The Canary islands are awesome, but you really have to have several days at least, and a plane reservation. Why not stick to the mainland and NEXT time..... canarias!

#18349 - 11/28/00 07:37 PM Re: Spain Islands
supaJack Offline

Loc: Houghton, Mi, USA
The Rock of Gibralter is worth seeing if your traviling through the province of Cadiz. Its pretty cool. Many very frendly monkeys live there. got to love the monkeys

#18350 - 11/29/00 04:33 AM Re: Spain Islands
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
My inclination would be to stick to the mainland, given the short time you have. However, of the Balearic Islands, Mallorca is the largest and (in my opinion) the most interesting. I can't say what it would be like in December. If you're looking for some warm, sunny weather the south of Spain (Andalucia, especially the coast) is your best bet.

#18351 - 12/13/00 01:33 AM Re: Spain Islands
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
uh hum...UH HUH HUh UMMM...I may be a little to late with my reply but, since I'm here, i feel a need to throw in my two cents. I'm in agreement with rgf. The Canary Islands are Awesome. But you really do need at the very least a few days, even then I would stick to just a coulple of the islands or maybe just one of them, There's so much to see. In December, it's definitely not cold. I went last year and I think the temp was about 70 to 75 degrees most of the time. I would definitely plan a trip to the Canary islands if I were you, or anybody. But of course, the mainland is a must-see. Have fun

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments