Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#18305 - 11/07/00 02:55 PM Andorra
Ana Offline

Loc: Curitiba, Paraná, Brasil
I know this is a spanish forum, but does anyone know a hostel/hostal in Andorra for just one night? Is it worth to go to Andorra?

Thanks

#18306 - 11/07/00 04:56 PM Re: Andorra
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Depends where you will be going from. I went to Andorra once; rather hilly (big ski area!), beautiful, but not much there other than duty free shopping, which probably doesn't interest you). If you are into nature maybe you'd enjoy it, but one night will be quite a trip from... where?

#18307 - 11/08/00 10:14 AM Re: Andorra
Ana Offline

Loc: Curitiba, Paraná, Brasil
i'm not sure from where, 'cause i've planned to go to Barcelona, Montpellier(FRA), Toulouse(FRA), Andorra and San Sebastian. I´d like to make this cities in this order, but i found a little dificulty to find trains that goes from Toulouse to Andorra and from Andorra to San Sebastian. Do you have any suggestions?

P.S.: Actually i am interested in shopping

#18308 - 11/08/00 02:35 PM Re: Andorra
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Sorry, i do NOT know enough about Andorra to say more. If this board doesn't prove helpful enough, check the ricksteves.com site for starters... suerte!

#18309 - 04/08/03 12:35 AM Re: Andorra
Chip Offline

Andorra is a blast!!!. If you fly into Barcelona, you will find at least two bus companies that will take you right to Andorra La Vella from right near baggage claim. I don't recall the names at the moment, but take the cheaper one as they both take the same route and about the same time (though one claims to go through a mountain tunnel which will save time (but, in my case, it didn't). The difference in cost is appreciable (about30%).

As far as lodging. I didn't go for a hostel but found a nice little hotel for about $30US a night. I did some shopping (well worth the trip for the things I bought) and just walked around Andorra la Vella and took in the sights.

How many people can say they've been to "The World's Only Free Catalan State"? Very qiuet, very friendly, very enjoyable. Go.

Took the bus to Madrid (about 6 hours if I recall), went straight thru Zaragoza (first time I'd seen it outside the train station).

Overall, a very good trip.

#18310 - 04/10/03 01:00 AM Re: Andorra
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Thanks for that info. I wanted to hear from someone who actually went to Andorra. I want to take a day trip sometime as well. Maybe next time.......

#18311 - 04/10/03 02:38 PM Re: Andorra
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Andorra is a beautiful country smile

Almost all their citizens speak spanish, french and catalonian, since they are used to deal with tourists from Spain and France.

They official currency is the euro, and they have their own coins of euro (as well as other tiny countries as San Marino, Vatican City,...).

Did you know that the heads of the state are the President of the French Republic and an Archbishop of Spain? They are "co-princes" of Andorra.

Andorra was a duchy in medieval times, and after some difficult times in which alternately belonged to Spain and France they finally stayed independent, with a democratic parlament, maintaining close ties with both countries (Spain and France).

They are not part officialy of EU, but in fact they are part of it.

Fernando

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments