Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#18228 - 11/05/00 09:54 AM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Sofia, yes, I am at the Univ. at Buffalo, so indeed, Sevilla in January should be heaven! Eres prof. de espanyol tambien?

#18229 - 11/05/00 02:40 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Sofia Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
Si, soy profesora de un colegio secundario en la ciudad de Geneva.

#18230 - 11/05/00 07:04 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Tina Offline

Loc: near barcelona/spain
As long as you make sure that the hostal/hotel you go to has the facility to provide you wiyh adequate heating you are o.k.But let me asure you , Seville even now is not a warm place to stay during the hours without sun.But even if you do find a Hostal a a good price the problem of heating can be solved by buying a cheaply aquired hot air blower you can buy in any store in spain.
We are living in Sevilla since the last 7 years and had hot times in Jan as well as freezing ones and certainly wet ones too.But the cicle of weather the last 3 years did not provide us with enough water to asure water for the coming summer....meaning, that now to this very day, we are debating to ration water already and to penalize people who use to much.Come to Sevilla ...ya

#18231 - 11/05/00 07:07 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Thanks for the enouragement! Any good restaurants you want to add to the 'where to eat in Sevilla" list?

#18232 - 11/06/00 03:21 AM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
nicholas Offline

Loc: san diego, ca. u.s.a. (granada...
rgf:
glad to see we have it all settled for you. you're going to sevilla, staying at the alfonso xiii for FREE, and are going to have a spectacular time. its decided!! no arguments!! =) =)have a wonderous time.
madridman, thanks for the smart aleck remark about diverting rgf to madrid. i don't ever recollect doing so in any of my posts.

#18233 - 12/01/00 06:40 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Guapetona Offline

Sevilla is great in January. Especially for New Year's. Lots of cotillones or bars you can go to. Everybody is out and ready to party!
Pack warm and great ready to drink - especially if you are going around Christmas andNew Year's.
Viapol has got some good clubs, there's huge Boss in Triana. If you like smaller parties go to San Fernando.You know that song from Manolo Garcia?
"Llevame esta noche a San Fernando.."?
Great place, alot of fun!!
Sevilla just has a special color around these dates.
Good Luck!!

#18234 - 12/01/00 09:01 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

It's the "pack warm" that worries me... I do have to remind myself to do this. I'm very psyched to spend some time in Sevilla after so many decades of Madrid y el norte. I will arrive on Reyes... hopefully the whole town won't be locked up, but rather out de paseo with the kids and their new toys...

#18235 - 12/18/00 10:21 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Z0r0 Offline

Loc: Ithaca NY, USA
Hey everyone. I'll be in Spain Jan 6-18th. I'm flying into Madrid, and thinking of heading down to Seville/Granada towards the end of my trip... probably 14-18 or so. I'd love to meet some fellow travelers! Please reply if you're going to be in the area.

#18236 - 01/01/01 04:03 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
Hey, rgf!!

Have a great trip to Sevilla! Can't wait to hear all about it upon your return.

That is, if the airports are open back east there!

Kurt

[This message has been edited by Kurt (edited 01-01-2001).]

#18237 - 01/01/01 06:16 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Thanks, Kurt, we are off to Espanya on Wednesday! True, the airports back east are nightmare. Just flew back from DC the other day and half the coast was closed. Wish me luck! Yes, I'll be sending my report when I get back... hope it is all interesting/.good stuff !

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments