Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#18218 - 11/02/00 12:17 AM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
markides Offline

Loc: Austin, TX USA
hey nicholeye
thanks for the heads up on the weather.
i am not really concerned with the weather
as much as i am concerned with my living
conditions, ie heater, insulation. i think
the cold will be fun, at least for a little
while.

ana, i would love to meet you in sevilla!
i need some travel friends, i emailed you

#18219 - 11/02/00 04:56 AM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
nicholas Offline

Loc: san diego, ca. u.s.a. (granada...
ana and markides:

i'd be more than happy to meet up with you at some point while you're in madrid. like missmadrid and i said...we have our i-need-a-friend-in-madrid hotline going. =) it will be great.
ana, unfortunetly my french extends only to one year of study when i was 13. i would say its about as good as my portuguese...meaning i do not know it beyond a couple of words. as for practicing english, you're doing wonderfully with it here. course practicing conversational skills is not difficult. there are quite a few of us here that can help you.

#18220 - 11/02/00 06:38 AM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
By the way, rgf, I STILL think you should go to Sevilla. Imagine/Remember strolling through Barrio Santa Cruz or Triana (across the river), seeing countless garden patios, hearing the passionate music from Andalucía. Aaahh... Sevilla... Decide quick before you change your mind and fall into this "Let's Meet In Madrid!" digression. heheheheheee!!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#18221 - 11/02/00 12:31 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
I agree, RGF- Go to Sevilla for sure! Ahhhh, Sevilla...

#18222 - 11/02/00 02:19 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
markides Offline

Loc: Austin, TX USA
Nicholeye,

I will be in Madrid from Jan 4 - 7th.
My plans have slightly changed!

Will you be there around then?
We should get together.
I have a hostal around Puerta de Sol. (surprise!)

#18223 - 11/02/00 05:42 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
nicholas Offline

Loc: san diego, ca. u.s.a. (granada...
rgf:
i agree with madridman...get yourself to sevilla!! go and enjoy all that its has. winter or no, anytime in sevilla is a beautiful. barrio santa cruz, the alcazar, la giralda, the triana, plaza espana...do go!!

#18224 - 11/03/00 08:27 PM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
ok, ok, i'm going to Sevilla!!!! Like i told y'all, i've booked five FREE nights at the Alfonso XIII so my hard working marido (gallego) and I can enjoy Andalucia in style!! We'll also stay a few nights in madrid...

#18225 - 11/05/00 01:54 AM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
I think everyone should have one standing rule in life : GO TO SEVILLA WHENEVER YOU CAN! And staying five nights at the Alfonso XIII?! WOW! I went there for breakfast in May (which cost as much as my room at Hostal Arias a block away off of Pla. de Jerez), and just walked around the place. It is fabulous. You'll be living in style there. Enjoy!

#18226 - 11/05/00 08:36 AM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
You can bet i will NOT be having breakfast at the Alfonso XIII, but will be looking for the corner bar for my cafe con leche y un croisan. Remember, I'm staying at the Alfonso XIII for FREE thanks to the miles on my Sheraton-AmEX credit card (and because I stay at Starwood hotels several times during the year, mostly on biz).

#18227 - 11/05/00 08:50 AM Re: Should I go to Sevilla in Jan??
Sofia Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
Sevilla in January is heaven, especially if you are from NYS. Isn't the poster of this topic from Buffalo? If that is correct then Sevilla will seem like heaven in January. (I
am from central NYS and drive through Buffalo almost weekly on route to Niagara.)

Once, I went to Sevilla in February (1997) and one from my group insisted that we stay at a hotel that had central heating. We lucked out and never needed it.

I am going to Madrid in February 2001 and might go to Sevilla, but only if the Madrid weather is wet and cold.
http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Paradise/4632/index.html

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments