Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#18114 - 10/30/00 01:52 PM Re: hemingway in madrid?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Balise - possible because Papa Hemingway had a joy de vivre - a real love of life - flamboyant and all - that far too many Americans are hesitant to express. It's a quality that prevails in Spain and throughout much of South America - can't speak for Cuba as I have never been - but this attitude coupled with being surrounded by the ocean - explains, at least in part way Hemingway loved Cuba

#18115 - 10/30/00 02:54 PM Re: hemingway in madrid?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Calibasco: You have a right to your opinion; but don't expect everyone to concur with it: IMHO (and that of many others I know), the cochinillo asado at Casa Duque (in Segovia also) is superior to Meson Candido, both in the preparation and the presentation. I have had it at both places.
BTW:
The best roast suckling pig in all of Iberia is found in the Mealhada region of Portugal. There it's called Leitao (pronounced 'lay tone').

#18116 - 10/30/00 04:26 PM Re: hemingway in madrid?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Eddie-

You're right, I can only speak about the few places I've had cochinillo...Isn't Casa Duque on the calle peatonal up towards the cathedral (walking up from the base of the acueduct)? I've never taken the opportunity to eat at Casa Duque...it'll have to wait for my next trip, when I will definitely add it to my itinerary. If it's the one I'm thinking of, I've been by it a hundred times, just never stepped in. Apparently I'm missing out ! Thanks for the tip.

#18117 - 01/14/01 11:53 AM Re: hemingway in madrid?
aphra Offline

Loc: New York City, USA
OK, I'm a little late with this one--hadn't yet discovered this board when the topic was hot. But FYI, there are three Hemingway museums, all off them places where he once lived. The first is his birthplace in Illinois; the second is in Key West, Florida; and the third is in a town on the outskirts of Havana, Cuba. Nothing in Spain itself, though, as far as I know.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1765 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments