MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#17947 - 09/16/00 07:36 PM Re: Itinerary for Two Weeks in November
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Mauceri, you'll also find some (of the same, but some) different ideas on the TimeOut: Madrid section for kids. Hope they have a great time in Madrid!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#17948 - 09/17/00 10:41 PM Re: Itinerary for Two Weeks in November
jslamen Offline

Loc: Houston, Texas, USA
Glad to see we're not the only family doing a couple of weeks in Spain in November; our trip is the last half of November, though. We fly in and out of Madrid, but planned to stay only a couple of days on arrival, to see museums and city life. Then it's by train to Malaga and car from there, along the coast and hill towns, catching Cordoba and Sevilla on the way back to Madrid... 11/17 'til 11/30. We thought the south would be best in Nov. If anyone has strong opinions of Malaga pro or con, please give them. We don't know whether to treat it as just a changing place, or stay a few days.

#17949 - 09/26/00 03:57 PM Re: Itinerary for Two Weeks in November
balanceok Offline

Loc: Tulsa, OK USA
It can be done! I agree that it will be fast, but it can be done, especially if you have a car.
Barcelona 3 days (Gerona)
Valencia 2 days
Granada 1 day (the Alhambra)
Malaga 1 day
Sevilla 3 days (enjoy the city)
Madrid 4 days (Valle de los Caidos, Segovia, Toledo, Aranjuez, Avila, Burgos)
These days would also include trips to surrounding towns and villages which I mentioned above, but these would be my core stops.
Enjoy your trip. Weather in Madrid and Barna could be cold and rainy. Further South you may get lucky.

------------------
"No other success can compensate for failure in the home."

#17950 - 09/26/00 05:08 PM Re: Itinerary for Two Weeks in November
Natalie Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
It would be lovely to be able to spend 5 days in each town we visit in Spain, but it isn't possible. And I've only been to Europe twice in 15 years, so there is no guarantee I'll be back in Spain very soon. That said, I'm going to see as much as I can while I'm there! (I did the same with Italy 5 years ago, and I remember it all very well and am glad I saw as much as I did.)

Anyway, our itinerary is for 15 days and also starts in Barcelona and ends in Madrid. We are flying to Barcelona & spending a few days. Then flying to Granada (to save a day of travel.) We'll spend a few days in Granada, and then rent a car. Spending 5 days in Andalucia (Nerja, Ronda - coast & mountains) then going to Seville for a few days. Then taking the AVE to Madrid to spend the last 4 days there. It is hectic, but we will make the most of our time, and get as much of the Spanish atmosphere as possible. One thing we do is pinpoint a few "must-sees" (like the Prado & the Alhambra) but not try to see every 'sight' and spend parts of each day just wandering around, sitting, eating, etc. That way, we get to see the sights that the city is famous for, and spend time soaking up the atmosphere.

Hopefully we'll be rich one day, and then we'll visit Europe (and everywhere) all the time. Then we'll have the luxury to 'sit back and relax.' But seeing places for a few days is better than not seeing them at all!

#17951 - 09/29/00 02:16 PM Re: Itinerary for Two Weeks in November
balanceok Offline

Loc: Tulsa, OK USA
The trip you outlined sounds great. You will enjoy it.
Have fun!!

------------------
"No other success can compensate for failure in the home."

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments