Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#17800 - 07/13/00 10:31 AM Southern Spain in Sept-Oct
ranman Offline

Loc: Canada
I will be travelling to Southern Spain at end of September/october for 2 weeks. can anybody tell me about the towns of Mojacar, San Jose. Also what is the weather like at this time of the year?

#17801 - 07/13/00 12:14 PM Re: Southern Spain in Sept-Oct
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
The towns you mention are both in Almeria. It basically never rains there, and it will still be at least very warm at the end of september. San Jose is a small resort on the coast, in the "natural park" of Cabo de Gata. I've never been to Mojacar. San Jose is near to some fantastic, undeveloped beaches (one of which I've noticed in at least two movies!)

#17802 - 07/17/00 04:22 PM Re: Southern Spain in Sept-Oct
pepita Offline

Loc: Miami, Florida
I heard Walt Disney was actually born in Mojacar. Is this true??

#17803 - 03/24/01 04:49 PM Re: Southern Spain in Sept-Oct
Eniac Offline

Loc: Columbus, OH, USA
This topic interests me as well...anyone have anything else to say about Cabo de Gata itself?

------------------

#17804 - 03/24/01 08:50 PM Re: Southern Spain in Sept-Oct
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Speaking of Walt Disney, I too have heard that Disney was born a Spaniard and adopted by Americans, but when I look up his biograpy, nothing of the sort comes up, it says he was born in Chicago...Can anyone give us more info????

#17805 - 03/24/01 11:49 PM Re: Southern Spain in Sept-Oct
nevado Offline

I was in Cabo de Gata in May one year and we were literally the only ones on the beach. If you decide to drive to the lighthouse, go during the day (not dusk)! There is only one lane to reach it and if you encounter another car, one of you will have to back up on tricky, cliff turns. I was the one backing up (in the dark) and I thought I was going to die! Just another Spain driving adventure. But, do go, it was worth it (after we made it).
Also check out the pueblo of Nijar. It has great cotten rugs and ceramics at low prices. I rented a house in Pozo de los Frailes. Three double bedrooms for 8.000/night.

[This message has been edited by nevado (edited 03-24-2001).]

#17806 - 03/25/01 10:11 PM Re: Southern Spain in Sept-Oct
mel-knee Offline

Loc: North Carolina, USA
It is my understanding that the idea that Disney was born in Spain and adopted in the U.S. is an urban legend.

You might find this link helpful: http://www.snopes2.com/disney/waltdisn/illegit.htm

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1920 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments