Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#17748 - 06/19/00 05:03 PM Ibiza- need some info/ suggestions
Express Offline

Loc: Canada
Ok, what is the deal with this place?

Is it as expensive as people say?
Is it as fun as people say?
I am traveling alone, so are there better hostels to stay at for solo travelers looking for a good time?

Any information would be appreciated..Thanks,

Pete

#17749 - 06/22/00 01:45 PM Re: Ibiza- need some info/ suggestions
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Author: Express
Topic: Nobody has any info on Ibiza?? Come on
Junior Member posted 06-22-2000 12:59 PM
---------------------------------------------
I don't beleive it....

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#17750 - 06/23/00 03:37 PM Re: Ibiza- need some info/ suggestions
Express Offline

Loc: Canada
Come on...even the all mighty MadridMan has no answer?

#17751 - 06/23/00 05:06 PM Re: Ibiza- need some info/ suggestions
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hehehee.. Hence the name "MADRIDMan", not IbizaMan. Heehehhee...

ALL I can say about this place, having never been there, is that I saw something on television's The Travel Channel and they said it was THE party island in the world! With great climate, a rich-ish, jet-set crowd, party atmosphere, AND the largest community of vacationing gays on the planet (so they said -- I'm wilding paraphrasing here).

Seems like a party place to be sure. While I have to visit this place sometime in my life I would still rather just simply stay in Madrid given the choice.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#17752 - 07/07/00 11:28 PM Re: Ibiza- need some info/ suggestions
solopod Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
We're traveling to Spain in a few weeks. Right in the middle of our vacation is five nights on Ibiza. Ibiza, to me, is no more expensive than Madrid...if you look hard enough. There are plenty of 1- and 2-star hotels/hostels on the island. Barcelona is, by far, the most expensive city in Spain. Since coastline towns in Europe, including Spain, cool down some 20-30 degrees at night, A/C may be just an extravagance. This will cut costs considerably.

Ibiza has a world-renown nightlife too. Check out: http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/club_dates_i.htm. And, http://www.ibizaselect.com. Amnesia has foam parties. Ibiza is a summer-time island. Certain hotels/hostels are closed in winter. The clubs open in early June and close after September. Be prepared to dine very late (9PM-11PM) and club very late (starting 12AM), preferably after 2AM. No sleeping allowed.

Try to do your research on the Internet about places to stay and don't go through travel agencies/hotel sites. They charge you 10% for the convenience.

Good luck and happy trails!

-solopod

P.S. MadridMan, your site is incredible. I say this as a beginning web designer.

[This message has been edited by solopod (edited 07-07-2000).]

[This message has been edited by solopod (edited 07-07-2000).]

#17753 - 07/08/00 09:50 AM Re: Ibiza- need some info/ suggestions
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Thank you so much, solopod! I thought Express was going to go into cardiac arrest if someone wasn't familiar with Ibiza. hehehe..

We would ALL appreciate it, solopod, if upon returining you would come back here to fill-us-in on Ibiza. Deal?

Saludos, MadridMan

#17754 - 07/19/00 03:50 PM Re: Ibiza- need some info/ suggestions
chicachica Offline

Loc: Boston, MA, USA
Solopod, thanks for the awesome info on Ibiza. I'm hoping to make it there at some point when I go to study in Madrid this fall. Does anyone know what might be the best way to get there from Madrid? And... is it a bad time if I go around December/January?

#17755 - 07/19/00 08:40 PM Re: Ibiza- need some info/ suggestions
solopod Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
As far as I know, Ibiza is pretty much a summer-time party island. Most people go to Menorca in the fall.

Check out this site for ferries to Ibiza: http://www.trasmediterranea.es/. Take a 2-1/2 train from Madrid to Valencia first. Then, a ferry ride of about 4 hours, one-way (limited fall schedule). If you want, only Iberia offers flights from Madrid to Ibiza, but they are also limited in the fall. Spanair only flys from Ibiza to Barcelona.

-solopod

#17756 - 07/20/00 08:23 PM Re: Ibiza- need some info/ suggestions
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Hi solopod & chicachica,

According to Spanair website they don't fly to Ibiza http://www.spanair.com/amadeus/uk.asp

Air Europa does flies from Madrid to Ibiza though their prices seems to be higher than Iberia's ones.

If you book a round trip ticket with Iberia through the internet you can get very good prices.

I've just checked it and the internet fare is only $79.40 including taxes. I bet this is cheaper (and much faster!) than if you took the train / bus to Valencia and then the ferry to Ibiza.

Regards,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#17757 - 07/25/00 12:44 PM Re: Ibiza- need some info/ suggestions
josh Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA, USA
I just got back from Spain and part of my journey included a 3 night stay in Ibiza. My friends and I had decided from Barcelona that we wanted to go...the ferry cost from Barcelona on Transmeditteranea was about $100 US dollars for an 8 hour ferry ride that departed only once a day at midnight. We opted to fly using AirEuropa for $170 US roundtrip for only a 45 minute flight. Depending on the amount of time you have to spend in Europe, it may be more time efficient to use the plane. We (me and four friends) arrived in Ibiza with nowhere to stay. At the airport and the ferry terminal there is a tourist info booth and they will provide you with all the necessary info to find a place to stay, we found a 2 star hotel on the beach in Play de Embossa named Tur Palace, a double went for about $60 US dollars. I could write about Ibiza for days...it is the most beautiful Island, the water is warm the sun stays out till 10:30 the people are beautiful etc etc etc. we went to Amnesia one night and the second night we went to MTV Ibiza...wow what a party...if you are a little adventurous I definitely recommend renting a moped and discovering the remote beautiful spots on the island!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments