Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#17673 - 09/14/08 09:23 PM Train Madrid to Granada et al
qldlady Offline

Loc: Queensland Australia
Hey everyone...I have some train questions that I'm sure you'll be able to answer :-))
I want to travel by train (cheapest?)
Madrid - Granada - Malaga - Seville ..I think I read somewhere that there is a cheaper senior rail fare...I then want to fly to Lisbon and back to Barcelona and onto Madrid where I head home to Oz...is that do-able and would it be cheaper than air?..last question..are there any senior fares for bus too? I hope my questions are not too much but I'm going to make sure I have all the facts with me when I leave Queensland on November 13th...mucho gracias regards Elly on the stunning Gold Coast in Oz..

#17674 - 09/15/08 04:56 AM Re: Train Madrid to Granada et al
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Ok what's your time frame .. That's an awfully big schedule ( Maybe not by OZ standards haha ) . As mentioned in a previous post , I would recommend trains over flying because you're delivered straight into the heart of the city you're visiting . The fares can be expensive .. my recent trip to Malaga and back to Madrid was €125 .... but it was worth it !! The trains are superb . Seville -Lisboa is definitely a flight option as is Lisboa-Barcelona .
The high speed rail links ( 290kph ! ) connect Madrid with Granada , Sevilla , Malaga , BArcelona , Cordoba etc..... The state rail company "Renfe" has a website in English ....
http://horarios.renfe.es/hir/ingles.html ... problem is ( if you don't speak Spanish ) that the booking on-line is all in Spanish .
Anymore info and I'll pass it on . Steve

#17675 - 09/15/08 10:20 AM Re: Train Madrid to Granada et al
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
How much time do you have to do all this travel?

#17676 - 09/16/08 01:07 AM Re: Train Madrid to Granada et al
qldlady Offline

Loc: Queensland Australia
I'm flying from Brisbane into Madrid on 13/11/08 and I fly out of Madrid on 13/12/08 into Brisbane..and the plan is to travel through Spain and Portugal (by bus/train/horse and cart or anything else that will take me somewhere!!). I leave Brisbane on 12/11/08 via Korea overnight to Madrid..then this is a tentative itinerary..
Madrid - 5 days (arrive 1925 hrs 13/11/08)
Granada -2 days
Malaga - 1 day
Seville - 4 days
Portugal- 8 days including travelling
Then I have another 4 days before I fly out of Madrid on 13/12/08 (maybe I should spend 3 of those in Barcelona?)
I'm open to any suggestions about how to best utilise my time...thanks everyone..I really do appreciate any thoughts or assistance ..regards Elly in Oz...

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments