Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#17309 - 06/21/07 01:02 PM Flight from Barajas at unearthly hour!
Saltpie Offline

Loc: Dorset
My wife and I are visiting Madrid this weekend and our flight home leaves Barajas at 5.50am (yuk!) We are staying right in the centre of the city. Do I assume that our only option for getting to the airport is a taxi? It looks as if the metro etc is not operating at this time of night. Surprising really, as I would have thought there were lots of people needing airport transport in the early hours of the day.

Any advice gratefully received.

#17310 - 06/22/07 03:38 AM Re: Flight from Barajas at unearthly hour!
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
5.50am!!!! eek eek eek

No, definitely, there is no public transportation at that time, but taxi. I have heard of a night bus whose route stops in Barajas village, about 500 metres away from T3 give or take, and it is used by airport employees with very early work schedules. But I don't think it is an option for somebody not knowing the path and having to take a flight.

The alternative is to take the last Metro train, that departs from Nuevos Ministerios at 1.30am and arrives to Aeropuerto T1-2-3 at 1.45am and Aeropuerto T4 at 1.55am, and try to get some sleep sitting at the airport.

#17311 - 06/22/07 03:59 AM Re: Flight from Barajas at unearthly hour!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
If your flight (EasyJet, I'm guessing) is at 5:50am then you'll have to be there no later than, say, 4:45am. I wonder at what time the airline desks open... Anyway, you'll want to leave your hotel no later than 4:15am but you should encounter no traffic on the way. You can go to one of the busier streets near your hotel and get a taxi there with little trouble. Or, if you have a lot of luggage, you might consider asking the hotel's front desk to call you a taxi. You'll pay a little extra in taxi fare for this but it might be worth it.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#17312 - 06/22/07 01:13 PM Re: Flight from Barajas at unearthly hour!
LizG Offline

Loc: near Washington, DC
Maybe you could book a shuttle with AeroCity. I have heard good things about them and plan to use them myself. It's about 20E from downtown to Barajas Airport.

Good luck!

Liz

#17313 - 06/23/07 04:32 AM Re: Flight from Barajas at unearthly hour!
Saltpie Offline

Thanks one and all for your advice.

#17314 - 06/24/07 08:45 AM Re: Flight from Barajas at unearthly hour!
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
get your hotel to get you a taxi at that time pre arranged. to be sure.

#17315 - 06/26/07 04:48 AM Re: Flight from Barajas at unearthly hour!
Saltpie Offline

Had a super time in Madrid and used Aerocity to collect us from hotel (at 3.30am yuk). Very efficient and punctual. Cost 23 euros for the pair of us. (as opposed to 40 - 60 quoted for taxi at that time.) Would highly recommend them for flights at an unearthly hour...

http://www.aerocity.com/

#17316 - 06/26/07 04:56 AM Re: Flight from Barajas at unearthly hour!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Wow! Thanks for the folow-up with your experience, Saltpie! Your review is much appreciated. thumbsup

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#17317 - 07/01/07 06:23 PM Re: Flight from Barajas at unearthly hour!
joycenj Offline

Good question. We have a flight that leaves Barajas at 8am. Would you recommend a shuttle or taxi to the airport for that flight?

#17318 - 07/03/07 07:44 AM Re: Flight from Barajas at unearthly hour!
Saltpie Offline

If it leaves at 8am, I guess you need to be there around 6am, which will mean leaving your hotel (if in the centre) at around 5! If you don't want the expenditure of a taxi, i can highly recommend http://www.aerocity.com/

Just 23 euros. Our hotel had an order form dispenser for them on the front desk.

Good luck. And enjoy Madrid. It's great!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments