Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#17181 - 04/27/07 11:24 AM Madrid: All those new metro stations
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
Well, 11 (yes eleven) new stations opened yesterday, in addition to the 7 new stations last Saturday. And as from 2nd of May Line 8 will call at Terminal 4. What may suprise people is that a completely new metro map format is proposed. Maybe someone can provide a link?

#17182 - 04/27/07 12:51 PM Re: Madrid: All those new metro stations
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)

#17183 - 04/27/07 02:48 PM Re: Madrid: All those new metro stations
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
I belong to Anden 1, the Friends of Madrid Metro Association, and we are absolutely against this new 'map' (if this can be named so). We have even got to appear in The Times

#17184 - 04/27/07 03:17 PM Re: Madrid: All those new metro stations
Gata Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Hey the new map is absolutely horrible. You cannot really tell how much distance there is in between stations.

And Torrales, what do you guys do in that association? Do you have a webpage?

#17185 - 04/27/07 03:24 PM Re: Madrid: All those new metro stations
Torrales Offline

Yes, we do, you can find it at http://www.anden1.org (sorry, only in Spanish by now).

The association is still young (next month, it'll be one year old) but its aim is to discuss about the Madrid Metro (and other public transportation networks both in Madrid and in Spain) in Andén 2, our discussion forum (opened to everybody), to contribute to enhance the madrilenos' knowledge of the Metro and its History, and to propose solutions, improvements and changes to make even better our beloved Metro.

Edit to add that next Sunday we'll be going together to explore the brand new leg of the Madrid Metro (Line 10 from Fuencarral to Hospital del Norte, 11 stations). We are going to meet at Fuencarral station at 11am, and will be pleased if anyone of you wants to join us. And so will do on Wednesday to celebrate the arrival of Madrid Metro Line 8 to Airport T4.

#17186 - 04/28/07 05:14 AM Re: Madrid: All those new metro stations
Gata Offline

I´m interested. smile
Sounds like a lot of fun!
How many people are you expected to join?

#17187 - 04/28/07 10:15 AM Re: Madrid: All those new metro stations
Torrales Offline

Last time we were 34 people whose ages range from 13 to about 60. This is the link to the "official" photo of the last activity (line 3 Southbound extension) in the Image Gallery of Andén 2 :

http://www.anden1.org/anden2/galeria/displayimage.php?pos=-1561
(clik on the thumbnail to see it larger)

Feel free to browse all the albums in the gallery. They have public access.

Think about 20 this time (I guess). If you decide to come, you will identify us easily: a group of freaks ( smile ) with cameras in the Fuencarral station Northbound platform at 11am.

#17188 - 04/28/07 12:24 PM Re: Madrid: All those new metro stations
Gata Offline

I haven´t ridden the subway in a looooong time. Years now. But my little one is crazy about the metro. He has been in the Washington DC subway and New York City subway, so I thought it would be kind of cool to take him in our own Metro. I am going to check the pics now. Thanks for posting the links. I´ll let you know if we will be joining you guys.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments