Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#16936 - 09/24/06 04:03 AM Madrid Aerocity Problems
Blossom Offline

Loc: Bath, UK
We have used Aerocity in the past with no problems, but last week it took us ages to get out of the airport.

They no longer have a desk at Terminal 1, so you have to phone them to tell them you have arrived. I first tried the Freephone number they supplied from a public telephone, but couldn't get through. I then phoned them from my husband's business mobile. The first person I spoke to took my reservation number and told me my name, so they obviously had my booking. He put me on hold for about 10 minutes and then a girl came on and asked if I wanted to make a booking. I gave her my details again and she put me on hold again. Eventually she told me to go and wait by the Pharmacy in Hall 2 at Terminal 1 and someone would meet us in about 5 minutes. We waited for about 20 minutes and I telephoned again and while I was on the phone an Australian girl arrived and at the same time a driver, so I stopped the phone call. Unfortunately the driver was her driver, but told us to follow him anyway. We followed him out to where there were about 6 vans parked with their drivers, but none seemed willing to take us. After several radio conversations with the office and about 30 minutes of hanging around outside with the vans one driver agreed to take us, but he didn't have his official slip, and didn't know where Hostal Adriano was (luckily we did). We eventually left the airport over an hour after our first phone call.

I was a bit worried about using Aerocity for the return trip, but Alberto said they hadn't had any problems with them as long as it wasn't late at night, so we risked it. We gave ourselves plenty of time and the van arrived about 15 minutes late, but with the amount of road works around the centre of Madrid wasn't too bad, and the driver did apologise for being late.

The cost was 19 Euros each way, so is still good value, but be prepared for a delay at the airport end.

Blossom

#16937 - 09/27/06 01:58 AM Re: Madrid Aerocity Problems
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I noticed that as well, they've shut the desk in the terminal and if you call them they take forever to show ups (in my case almost an hour). So last time I took a taxi, cost 22 euros with surcharge. Going to the Airport wasn't a problem. So I know use them for going to the airport but taxis to the city.

Speaking of taxis don't accpet any offers of a taxi if approached, they are taxi bandits that will rip you off. I paid 50 euros for a trip downtown first time in Madrid, stick to the offical ones (lights on meter running)

#16938 - 10/11/06 09:03 PM Re: Madrid Aerocity Problems
epaulino4 Offline

Loc: USA
My experience with Aerocity has not been the best in the past but decided to give them another chance.

I am concerned about their lack of response. We requested a reservation a few days ago and expected to have the confirmation by now.

We contacted them today by email and requested to either confirm or do not charge the credit card and cancel.

#16939 - 10/12/06 07:46 AM Re: Madrid Aerocity Problems
epaulino4 Offline

Loc: USA
Interesting!

When we reserved with Aerocity online, at the end of process, we got a message saying they would send a confirmation in no more than 48 hours. Which to me means, the process was complete and received by them.

Today we have an email saying they never received a reservation request from us.

Something is wrong with this picture.

#16940 - 10/14/06 11:33 AM Re: Madrid Aerocity Problems
janel Offline

Loc: Madrid
Isnt it true that the price is per person on AeroCity? I know of a person who used this service twice to get to the airport and they were on time for a 5am pickup. (of course I called them for her the night before and they did not speak english) If you are more than 2 people wouldnt it be easier and faster and cheaper just to take a taxi anyway? I rarely pay over 22euros to get into town with a taxi. Going to the airport is a bit cheaper as there is no surcarge for airport pickup.

#16941 - 10/14/06 06:41 PM Re: Madrid Aerocity Problems
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Janel, Aerocity prices depend on the number of people and whether it is during the day or at night.

The best thing about Aerocity is they have fixed prices. You never know how much you are going to pay with a taxi.

As for the price, you usually pay around 22 euros because you know the city or you are lucky enough to get a honest taxi driver. I usually ask my customers how much they pay from the airport to my hostel and, many times, they pay 40€, 50€... they charge them for the luggage, they even say they had to pay what the meter said per person!!...

By the way, there is a taxi surcharge (currently 4.50 €) for journeys from / to the airport, even trips within the airport.

#16942 - 10/15/06 11:13 AM Re: Madrid Aerocity Problems
Floroz Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I ordered a pick up last week from Aerocity and got a confirmation within 2 hours. It's different than other times in that they direct you to call them after you pick up your luggage, then proceed to a curbside location marked
BUS/HOTEL BUS/IFEMA. The price is 19E for one to three passengers going to the same address, so it is less than a cab. I'm hoping it works!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2713 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments