MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#16877 - 08/20/06 10:04 AM Purchasing AVE tickets
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
Saludos!

I would like to purchase AVE tickets from Madrid to Cordoba on to Seville the next day, then directly back to Madrid from Seville about a week later. Trouble is, the RENFE site wants me to be a registered user. Okay, but it keeps telling me there is an error in the NIF number. Does anyone have a solution to this or a different way to obtain these tickets in advance?

Gracias,

Admiral44 de la flota que sundio.

#16878 - 08/20/06 10:36 AM Re: Purchasing AVE tickets
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
While I don't know if it still applies, check out the 2002 thread " renfe.com - "ID Card" " which speaks on the same topic and what one person from NYC, USA did.

Anyone else (not from Spain or someone WITHOUT a NIF number) have recent experience in doing this online in advance?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#16879 - 08/20/06 06:58 PM Re: Purchasing AVE tickets
ned Offline

Loc: USA
admiral44/MM...there was a thread on 03.13.2006 started by Carlotta..."Help with RENFE web site"...which should help. I think someone simply put an 8 digit number in the NIF field and solved the problem!!

...for what it is worth, if you are travelling through Madrid Airport you can both book and obtain tickets at the RENFE kiosk at Terminal 1....best to check the closing time for the kiosk...i got there with about 5mins to spare earlier this year.I don't remember for sure but i think it closes at 5 or 6 pm(???)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments