Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#16760 - 07/09/06 03:37 AM Madrid: Getting to Segovia
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I found out there are two ways to get to Segovia. By train and bus. Train takes 2 hours and leaves every 2 hours from Atocha, 6, 8, 10, 12 and so on. Bus takes an hour and leaves every half hour from Moncola. Both cost about 6 euros. I'm not sure where you'd buy bus tickets.

The train was packed we were lucky to get 3 seats togehter.

If you decide to go I'd suggust going by bus.

If you go by train make sure you keep both parts of the reciept.

#16761 - 07/10/06 12:20 PM Re: Madrid: Getting to Segovia
warnerchilcott Offline

Loc: Montgomery, AL, USA
My family and I took the train from Madrid to Segovia and really enjoyed the trip. It stops at many small towns along the way, the scenery was beautiful and because train travel is pretty novel for us, really just enjoyed the ride. The train was not crowded on the way to Segovia, but we took the last train back to Madrid at the end of the day and the train was crowded. How ever you get to Segovia, you'll love the town!

#16762 - 07/10/06 02:42 PM Re: Madrid: Getting to Segovia
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
The bus station in Madrid were you pick up the bus to Segovia is very close by the Panteón de Goya where the famous Spanish Painter is buried Goya.

Now if the grave of Goya does not interest you, it is the artwork on the ceiling that should interest anyone since it was painted by Goya himself.

It is kind of sad that this master Spanish Painter is so far off the beaten path of many popular Madrid tourist spots. When I went I recall there was only one other person there.

But then I remember when I was in Florence Italy, at Santa Croce church, all the tourist passing Michelangelo grave. They did not care or have any interest.

Bill

#16763 - 07/10/06 10:55 PM Re: Madrid: Getting to Segovia
wesrick Offline

Loc: Wichita, KS
WOW, only 6 euros for a trip? How does Spain (and possibly more of Europe) do travel so inexpensively? (also note: Vueling is cheaper than dirt).

-Rick

#16764 - 07/11/06 01:28 AM Re: Madrid: Getting to Segovia
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Train and Metro is one of the few cheap things left in Spain these days. If your coming from America than going everywhere by train is a real novelty and well worth doing. We went on a Saturday 10am and I was surprised how packed the train was, standing room only. On the way out one of the stops, Creceilla I think, the train almost completely emptyed out a large group of hikers got off. Coming home I'd recommend the bus as you have more flexibility to get back.

Regarding goya didn't know that so will check it out.

#16765 - 07/13/06 09:19 PM Re: Madrid: Getting to Segovia
Madrid in May Offline

Loc: USA
The bus to Segovia is much faster, and lets you off within easy walking ditance to the aquaduct, passing several insteresting old churches.

I recommend it highly. I think we paid around 11 euros round trip.

#16766 - 07/25/06 05:36 PM Re: Madrid: Getting to Segovia
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I agree. The bus ride is so much faster and it puts you right into the middle of the city. I've taken both ways and although I liked the ability to get up and walk around on the train, I liked the bus the best for convenience.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments