Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#16744 - 06/12/06 08:42 AM Salamanca to Madrid still unsure
Kitty Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
I saw the posts about train or bus and went to web sites but am still unsure what the choices are for train or bus arriving in Madrid from Salamanca. Can either be ticketed to one of the Atocha stops or is this a transfer in Madrid. My son will travel from Salamanca to the Puerto de Sol stop staying at the Hostal Persol. Ayudame por faver, Gracias

#16745 - 06/12/06 10:21 AM Re: Salamanca to Madrid still unsure
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
For train choices consult the English version of http://www.RENFE.es . For bus, the company covering this route is at http://www.auto-res.net/ . On both sites you'll find schedules and prices.

For the bus option, your END POINT in Madrid is/should-be Conde Casal (METRO). From there you'll be able to get the metro (or a taxi) to the Puerta del Sol.

While not positive (consult other postings on this route here in this forum category - or someone can offer experience here), I think the Salamanca->Madrid train will end at the Atocha train station. From there your son will be able to get metro to the Puerta del Sol. From there he can walk to the Hostal Persal.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#16746 - 06/13/06 09:12 AM Re: Salamanca to Madrid still unsure
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Kitty

When I did a daytrip to Salamanca from Madrid, I stayed over night and came back the next day.

I did not take the train, but the Autores bus which I do recommend. It was extremely comfortable bus ride, so comfortable I feel asleep and the views of the countryside were magnificent.

When I arrived at Autores bus station in Madrid, I used the subway to return to my hostel that was close to Puerta del Sol. It was an easy trip by subway to the Puerta del Sol subway station.

The only difficultly I think he will have is when he arrives at Puerta del Sol, getting his bearings and were to go next.

If he sees a statue of a bear or El Corte Inglés department store, he is on the wrong side of the street and should head in the opposite direction were his hostal is located.

Bill

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments