Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#16695 - 06/10/06 01:54 PM Re: 2006 Madrid Metro: closures Line 3 (SOL) & 8 (near airport): Jun3-Sept
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Personally when every I fly I take Areocity shuttle, with a dog, baggage backpack taking the metro just isn't an option. At 16 eruros (upt to 2 people) its a good deal.

#16696 - 06/13/06 05:45 AM Re: 2006 Madrid Metro: closures Line 3 (SOL) & 8 (near airport): Jun3-Sept
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Be aware of more closures coming soon this summer. Check out the map here .

#16697 - 06/13/06 06:11 AM Re: 2006 Madrid Metro: closures Line 3 (SOL) & 8 (near airport): Jun3-Sept
SRedw Offline

For those who don't read Spanish, in a nutshell.

Half of line 7 (Avenida de América - Las Musas) will close down starting June 24, with free bus service which goes along that route. In September, for the entire month, ALL of line 7 will shut down. The purpose is to change the electrical general, which, I think, is old.

Palooka,

Those buses take you back to Avenida de América and from there, you have lines 4,6,7 and 9.

It's not bad, considering you won't get ripped off, probably, by a taxi driver and you pay a small fee.

Shawn

#16698 - 06/14/06 04:40 AM Re: 2006 Madrid Metro: closures Line 3 (SOL) & 8 (near airport): Jun3-Sept
breibach Offline

Loc: Richmond, Virginia, USA
I arrived in Madrid on June 13. Took the Metro from Barajas to city center and had no problems. Did have to change at Mar de Cristal. Total cost .61 euros. What a great deal.

#16699 - 06/14/06 06:25 AM Re: 2006 Madrid Metro: closures Line 3 (SOL) & 8 (near airport): Jun3-Sept
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
breibach, 0.61 Euros??? confused Could you elaborate please? I thought a one-pass metro ticket was ONE Euro.

Aaahhh.. Wait. NOW I get it. 0.61 Euros is ONE-TENTH the cost of a 10-trip METROBUS pass (6.15 Euros).

What was your total travel-time, briebach?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#16700 - 06/17/06 10:41 AM Re: 2006 Madrid Metro: closures Line 3 (SOL) & 8 (near airport): Jun3-Sept
SalaChic Offline

Loc: Trumansburg, NY
I just found out that Pepecar is closing (temporarily?) closing their rental desk in Barajas (near the airport). All the reservations have been transfered to the Arturo Soria ofc. So can I still take the Metro to Mar de Cristal then change to Line 4 over to Arturo Soria? About how long would this take. We're a family of four about 3 suitcases plus carry-ons. If this is too much hassle, am also considering booking Aerocity for an express trip. What's recommended here?

#16701 - 06/17/06 06:57 PM Re: 2006 Madrid Metro: closures Line 3 (SOL) & 8 (near airport): Jun3-Sept
breibach Offline

Loc: Richmond, Virginia, USA
Regarding my trip from the airport to Madrid the trip took about 50-60 minutes total. That was about 10 minute walk through the airport to metro station, perhaps 5 minute wait at the station, then 10 minutes to Mar de Cristal, perhaps another 6 minute walk to change lines, then a 20 minute ride to Diego de Leon, another switch of about 5 minutes, then a final ride of about 3 minutes to our destination at Nunez de Balboa. There were some places where the escalator did not work and we had to use stairs. This can be difficult with alot of luggage but we managed.

#16702 - 06/19/06 12:17 AM Re: 2006 Madrid Metro: closures Line 3 (SOL) & 8 (near airport): Jun3-Sept
Lynette Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
I'm with MM's previous post: take a cab! They're plentiful, to my travel mind not that expensive (about 18-20 euros, depending upon your desination) and each and every time I've done it had a lovely conversation with the driver. For me, it's always been worth a few extra euros to jump-start my spanish and not have to deal with dragging luggage up, down and everywhere. Perhaps I've never felt ripped off because I know the city and I speak the language, but I know of other first-time visitors who ended up with similar fares and positive experiences. But however you get to where you're going, ENJOY the lovely Spain that awaits you!

#16703 - 06/19/06 04:08 AM Re: 2006 Madrid Metro: closures Line 3 (SOL) & 8 (near airport): Jun3-Sept
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
Quote:
I just found out that Pepecar is closing (temporarily?) closing their rental desk in Barajas (near the airport). All the reservations have been transfered to the Arturo Soria ofc. So can I still take the Metro to Mar de Cristal then change to Line 4 over to Arturo Soria? About how long would this take. We're a family of four about 3 suitcases plus carry-ons. If this is too much hassle, am also considering booking Aerocity for an express trip. What's recommended here?
I would do the Metro thing.

First, because the summer closures of Metro don't affect you at all (just take line 8 from Aeropuerto to Mar de Cristal, change to line 4 until Arturo Soria, 6 stations total).

Second, because a taxi driver could get angry to drive you such a short distance. I know, he shouldn't care about the customer's destination, simply put the taximeter on and drive. But the fact is that they wait for long in the airport queues and, thus, expect to do a long drive that pays for the time they were waiting. So, if he discovers (and has no choice) that the route is short, in many cases the situation could be embarrassing.

As you are a family of four, what about two of you going to Pepecar by Metro while the other two keep the luggage in one of the Airport cafeterias while wait to be picked up?

#16704 - 06/20/06 06:13 AM Re: 2006 Madrid Metro: closures Line 3 (SOL) & 8 (near airport): Jun3-Sept
SalaChic Offline

Loc: Trumansburg, NY
I think we will probably do the metro thing. What's the best online place to figure out how to get from the Arturo Soria ofc back to M40 (once I'm there I can find the way....) My other 2 family members are kids so we're not spliting them up.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments