Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#16498 - 02/23/06 03:45 PM Flights Madrid to London
CaBeachBum Offline

Loc: Shell Beach, Ca
Would it be cheaper to wait and purchase tickets when I get into Spain? It seems kind of spendy compared to the rates I've heard coming out of London while looking at them online from the US.

Thanks, Paul

#16499 - 02/23/06 06:47 PM Re: Flights Madrid to London
CascadaDuSel Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL (sometimes Madrid - ...
If I am flying anywhere from Spain I always wait and buy my tickets there - I always find much better deals there than here.. A few of my British friends make fun of how much the airline tickets are in the USA and how the English would never pay those prices :-)

#16500 - 02/23/06 11:13 PM Re: Flights Madrid to London
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Can you get cheap tickets to Spain from London, with very little advance notice, for example, same day? If so, is that possible even in high season, like summer?

#16501 - 02/24/06 05:57 AM Re: Flights Madrid to London
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Paul writes:
Quote:
Would it be cheaper to wait and purchase tickets when I get into Spain? It seems kind of spendy compared to the rates I've heard coming out of London while looking at them online from the US.
I don't think so! If you're going to be there in high season and you want to go Madrid-London on a certain, fixed date, I think you should select your Airline / flight and buy your tix early. If not, you may risk missing your connection back to the US

Of course, that's just my Humble Opinion

Been there; done that!

aidance writes:
Quote:
Can you get cheap tickets to Spain from London, with very little advance notice, for example, same day? If so, is that possible even in high season, like summer?
RyanAir (flights to Girona, Santander, Oviedo, Santiago, etc.) starts with prices low and escalate as flight time gets closer. I don't think EasyJet (out of London-Luton) does that; but in peak travel season, walk-up fares will be higher (if the flights are not full). So, the answer to your question is: "No!"

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1610 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments