Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#16472 - 02/20/06 03:03 PM Re: car rental help and need for reservations for ave
edel Offline

Loc: Almeria/Dublin
i have just looked on pepecar it is an interesting site, they are offering smart cars at €3!

#16473 - 02/20/06 04:52 PM Re: car rental help and need for reservations for ave
ellies spirit Offline

Loc: minnesota
what is a smart car??

#16474 - 02/20/06 05:28 PM Re: car rental help and need for reservations for ave
CascadaDuSel Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL (sometimes Madrid - ...
probably worlds tiniest car .. I had one last time I was in Spain ... The BEST to park - I could always find a spot.... Just dont bring much luggage with you :-)

#16475 - 02/20/06 06:22 PM Re: car rental help and need for reservations for ave
edel Offline

Loc: Almeria/Dublin
i have never seen as many of the smart cars as i did when in rome last month, it was amazing

#16476 - 02/22/06 06:24 PM Re: car rental help and need for reservations for ave
Chele60 Offline

Loc: Yorba Linda, California
You probably already have your car secured, but just wanted to let you know that we used AutoEurope while we were in Spain last fall. They are a rental car consolidator operating in the US, and what I really appreciated about them was they are willing to meet competitor's prices. Their prices were also fairly low, although I'm not sure what they charge for a different drop off site. Through AutoEurope, we rented using Avis. (Had we rented directly through Avis, it would have been more expensive.)

When renting a car, I was concerned about comfort and luggage space. We were doing a 2 week road trip and my S/O is 6 feet, so room and comfort was a biggie for us. We ended up with an Opal Zafira - something a lot of people told me would be far too big. In reality? It was just perfect! Roomy on the inside, comfortable, terrific handling, and wonderful on gas, yet seemed like a small car. Our only difficulty driving was in Madrid and Seville. Other than that, everything was fine. Would a smaller car have meant easier parking? Doubtful, really. We would have had to sacrifice comfort and been irritable with each other. Glad we had what we did.

We could have fit two more people in the car, easily, though luggage would have been a bit more difficult and we probably would not have been able to cover it.

#16477 - 02/22/06 11:20 PM Re: car rental help and need for reservations for ave
ellies spirit Offline

Loc: minnesota
thank you I will check them out also.

#16478 - 02/23/06 02:38 PM Re: car rental help and need for reservations for ave
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Has anyone done a lot of cros-country driving in a Smart Car? For city driving they're super but I'm curious about long hauls - does the Smart Car have the pick-up and speed for highway driving? That sort of thing ....

Ignoring the leg room issue - there really are advantages to being "height deprived"

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2555 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments