Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#16409 - 01/25/06 11:26 PM Madrid->Cádiz by Bus - blonde question? ha..
meencantaespana Offline

Ok, So im buying my ticket to spain this week. im gonna be in madrid for 2 weeks and then cadiz for 2..ok so im taking bus from madrid---->cadiz..now how do this work..excuse me for the blonde question but i wanna be prepared..prices? times? how long?

#16410 - 01/26/06 03:45 AM Re: Madrid->Cádiz by Bus - blonde question? ha..
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
Easy. The company that serves the route Madrid-Cadiz is Secorbus. Visit their Website at Secorbus (or Socibus , because they are actually the same company).

#16411 - 01/26/06 06:12 AM Re: Madrid->Cádiz by Bus - blonde question? ha..
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
meencantaespaña weites:
Quote:
Ok, So im buying my ticket to spain this week. im gonna be in madrid for 2 weeks and then cadiz for 2..ok so im taking bus from madrid---->cadiz..now how do this work..excuse me for the blonde question but i wanna be prepared..prices? times? how long?
Been there; done that! I took an overnight SecorBus: leaves Madrid's Estación Sur de Autobus around midnight and stops at Sevilla's Plaza de Armas bus terminal around 05:30. Then it continues to Jerez de la frontera, el Puerto de Santa Maria y Cadiz. It costs about half what Altaria (the thru train) does (about 30 Euro) and it arrives Cadiz around 07:30. cool

I must confess: I got off at el Puerto de Santa Maria (bus stops at the train station). In Cadiz, the Bus Terminal is right at the Port. rolleyes

SecorBus also has daytime schedules on that route but the scenery isn't all that nice.

#16412 - 01/29/06 10:36 PM Re: Madrid->Cádiz by Bus - blonde question? ha..
meencantaespana Offline

is a train also possible to take? what do u recommend? i just bought my ticket for spain and im just thinking..

#16413 - 01/29/06 11:39 PM Re: Madrid->Cádiz by Bus - blonde question? ha..
carlos11 Offline

Loc: Florida,USA
meencantaespana,
The Altaria train leaves Madrid at 10:05am and arrives Cadiz at 3pm,also 4:35pm arr.Cadiz 9:30pm.The price is 57.50 euros. Why spend all night on the bus when in 4/5 hours you could be in Cadiz eating tapas and having a cold brew!
Enjoy your trip.

#16414 - 01/30/06 07:46 AM Re: Madrid->Cádiz by Bus - blonde question? ha..
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Yes, train all the way is possible. It depends on how much you have or want to spend. With the Altaria you don't have to change trains.

There's also hourly (starting at 06:00) regional rail service Sevilla-Cadiz: all 2nd Class, no luxuries. You don't have much luggage space on the Connuter train, just the overhead racks as I recall.
BTW
When is this trip scheduled?? If it's during Semana Santa or Sevilla's Feria de abril or the Feria del Campo, many trains & buses may be fully booked in advance. You might have to buy Preferente to get a seat on Altaria or AVE.

You could take an AVE Madrid-Sevilla and the commuter train Sevilla-Cadiz or a Bus (Comés) from Sevilla's Prado de San Sebastian Bus Terminal to Cadiz.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments