Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#16297 - 12/11/05 07:58 AM Madrid - Seville Alt .Transport?
Jacy Offline

Loc: Czech Republic
What are the options to Sevilla from Madrid besides the AVE? The date we want to go, only the Club tickets are left. I found only 1 bus option, and the website is only in Spanish. Any other thoughts? THANKS!!

#16298 - 12/11/05 08:05 AM Re: Madrid - Seville Alt .Transport?
Jerezano Offline

Loc: Fez/Jerez
besides Secorbus, which operates between Madrid and Seville (it could also be called Sevibus) it would seem the only other option is renting a car in Madrid and driving down. The bus tickets usually can be bought the day you intend on travelling.

#16299 - 12/11/05 09:48 AM Re: Madrid - Seville Alt .Transport?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Quote:
What are the options to Sevilla from Madrid besides the AVE? The date we want to go, only the Club tickets are left. I found only 1 bus option, and the website is only in Spanish. Any other thoughts? THANKS!!
Flying would probably be cheaper then Club Class on AVE unless 'Club Duo,' a special discount rate is in effect. Berzabuena mentioned SecorBus: it also may be found under 'Socibus.'

http://www.socibus.es or http://www.secorbus.es

Although both websites (identical) show a British flag (for English), neither is functional. They operate several daytime runss and one overnight in each direction. Once I did the overnight one (Madrid-Sevilla); there were too many people for 1-bus so they just put on another: That was for a special occasion in Andalucia, the Feria del Campo y Romeria a la Virgen del Rocio!

You say: "The date we want to go:" Are you aware that AVE runs HOURLY from 06:30 and there is at least one Talgo (Triana) thru to Cadiz daily?? Have you asked about same date, later or earlier AVE? I don't know what date you are looking at, or where you are getting your info, but what you say strains my credibility. If you say that the 08:30 AVE on a certain date is 'fully booked,' in Turista & Preferente try the 06:30 or 07:30.

http://www.renfe.es Click on the Union Jack (British flag) for the English language version

Several years ago, we took an 07:30 AVE Madrid-Sevilla Friday of Semana Santa and we returned from Sevilla on a 20:00 AVE. We booked tickets and reservations by phone 1-day in advance and picked them up at the Barajas airport Renfe Office!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2705 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments