Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#16286 - 11/28/05 12:19 PM Madrid- Aerocity transportation time?
abigailsmom Offline

Loc: USA
I am looking into a trip to Madrid next year with my husband and daughter and I was wondering if anyone could estimate the amount of time it will take to get from Barajas to near the Tribunal metro stop on Aerocity at about 10 am. I completely understand that amount of pasengers, time of day, etc can effect the times, but I am really just looking for a really rough estimate.

Thanks in advance,
Robyn

#16287 - 11/29/05 04:59 AM Re: Madrid- Aerocity transportation time?
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
Can't say about Aerocity, but in a private car currently it should not take more than 30 minutes at that time of the day, even less if we are talking about a Saturday or Sunday.

You say you will be travelling next year. It is good to know that on Jan 29th, the new Barajas terminal (T4) will be officially opened. It is new, big, wonderful... and far North from the other three terminals and will not be served by metro or trains by the moment. The arrival of metro and Cercanias (local trains' system) is expected by 2008. This new terminal will mainly host all Iberia flights and those of their partners in the OneWorld alliance (Finnair, British Airways, American Airlines,...). Some other small companies will be located there, too.

The other two big alliances, Star Alliance (Spanish partner, Spanair; American ones, United and US Airways ), and Sky Team (Spanish partner next to enter, AirEuropa; American ones, Delta and Continental) will stay in the former terminals, Star at T1, and Sky at T2 & 3.

I am mentioning this, because if you arrive at T4 next year, the estimated time to reach your lodgement in downtown Madrid can be a bit longer.

#16288 - 12/01/05 08:25 AM Re: Madrid- Aerocity transportation time?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi abigailsmom!

Not sure anyone will be able to really give you an estimate of the Aerocity service to Tribunal for a number of reasons. First, Tribunal and Old Madrid is a tightly packed network of one-way, one-lane streets where traffic can be backed-up for a block or more. Also, Aerocity is a shared shuttle service so it depends on how many others are in your shuttle van and whether or not they first have to take people to Madrid's other hotels before they take you to your stop.

A really rough estimate might be somewhere between 25 and 50 minutes.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#16289 - 12/01/05 07:58 PM Re: Madrid- Aerocity transportation time?
JA Offline

Loc: usa
Sometimes I think people ask questions....

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments