Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#16267 - 11/15/05 02:33 PM Madrid > France = eurorail or airfare?
Kathi Browne Offline

Loc: Madisonville, KY
My family is spending two weeks in Europe this summer. We want to stay in Madrid one week, and in Loriant, France one week.

Which will be my better deal if I'm not traveling all over: eurorail, airline, or other bus/train?

I remember looking at something similar before where I could buy a three-way airfare, flying a triangle to end up back in Madrid. Is that still offered, and if so, what was it?

Any advice?

#16268 - 11/15/05 05:33 PM Re: Madrid > France = eurorail or airfare?
ELECTRACITY Offline

Loc: CANADA
This is a tough one.....Lorient is in Britany right? Here is how I would do it if money were a consideration. Bus from Madrid to Bayonne, France (transfer in San Sebastien). In Bayonne take the TGV high speed train to Paris and again the TGV from Paris into Britany.

You could search SNCF web site and see the train schedules etc.

#16269 - 11/16/05 05:51 AM Re: Madrid > France = eurorail or airfare?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Quote:
My family is spending two weeks in Europe this summer. We want to stay in Madrid one week, and in Loriant, France one week.

I remember looking at something similar before where I could buy a three-way airfare, flying a triangle to end up back in Madrid. Is that still offered, and if so, what was it?
Check out http://www.Continental-Auto.es I believe the Buses depart from Avda. de American Intercambiador: There's a nonstop at 09:00 daily (5-hours) to Irun. It's probably a Supra Service and, as such may cost a bit more than the Euro 27.50.

I'm not sure if there is a Ferry from Bilbao to Roscoff (Fr.). You might want to check that out.

Rather than backtrack to Madrid, consider flying 'Open Jaw' (US to MAD; CDG to US) for your transatlantic journeys.

#16270 - 11/16/05 02:31 PM Re: Madrid > France = eurorail or airfare?
Kathi Browne Offline

Loc: Madisonville, KY
Thanks for all the good bus/train info. I love this site!

Love the idea of flying 3 legs best. I thought flying "open jaw" was soooo expensive? Is there an airline that does that without charging for two custom one-ways?

#16271 - 11/17/05 06:17 AM Re: Madrid > France = eurorail or airfare?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Kathi writes:
Quote:
Love the idea of flying 3 legs best. I thought flying "open jaw" was soooo expensive? Is there an airline that does that without charging for two custom one-ways?
If you book your flights online click on 'Multiple Destinations.' I have flown to one European destination and returned from another on Continental Airlines several times. I think most scheduled TransAtlantic Carriers will do it.

As for the Madrid-Paris 'leg,' that's a whole nuther story. I would make my reservation online with SpanAir or Iberia and pick up my tix as soon as I arrived in Madrid to get the best fare.

#16272 - 11/23/05 05:44 PM Re: Madrid > France = eurorail or airfare?
frog Offline

Loc: paris
If you are flying from Paris to Madrid or vice versa book with Vueling (vueling.com) Make sure you sign up for there promotions by giving your e-mail. About every 6 weeks they have flights for 10 euros + taxes which makes a one way trip from Paris to Madrid for between 30 - 40 euros taxes included. I fly with them all the time. Last week did Paris - valencia. Valencia - Seville. Malaga - Barcelona and Barcelona - Paris. the price for two tickets 210 eruos taxes included for 2 people. Serious company with new airbus A320's and we haven't crashed yet.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments