Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#16252 - 11/08/05 04:38 PM Madrid: Airport to Puerta Del Sol
JohnT Offline

Loc: Media, PA
I'm arriving with my family on 12/26 & staying a few blocks from the Puerta Del Sol subway stop. Is it practical to buy the 10 pack subway tickets at the airport & travel to our apartment via public transportation? Are the transfers between subway lines free or is an additional token required for each transfer? Thanks!

#16253 - 11/08/05 11:41 PM Re: Madrid: Airport to Puerta Del Sol
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
The transfers are included in the original fare and the ticket is a single coupon that is good 10 times. It can be shared amongst several people.

The 10 viajes is 5.80 and a single is 1.15. (According to my 2/05 Plano Esquematico de la Red)

#16254 - 11/09/05 05:40 AM Re: Madrid: Airport to Puerta Del Sol
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
Actually, a single journey is 1 euro. However, if you have a lot of luggage, a taxi or shuttle would be better. To get to Sol, you have to transfer 3 times. And finding an elevator in some metro stations can be a hassle. Imagine my surprise when getting off at Tribunal for my flamenco class that I had to walk up 5 flights of stairs to get to the top!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2509 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments