Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#16230 - 10/29/05 07:22 AM Madrid: AEROCITY problems
Rodger Offline

Loc: leeds,uk
Does anyone know what is happening with Aerocity web site . I booked yesterday and have not had any confirmation by email. Today tried to email and get an error message, try to register but cannot login . Site does not give any help.
THIS DOES NOT GIVE ME CONFIDENCE. Other people have also posted problems with online booking.
I am using them as i thought it would make our arrival and transfer smoother, it is making it more complex!!

#16231 - 10/29/05 09:42 AM Re: Madrid: AEROCITY problems
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello, Roger! And welcome to our ALL SPAIN Message Board! smile

I see that Aerocity has given their website a total make-over of their portal recently, seemingly in the last 2 weeks. So while not a proper excuse for why you got an error message, it may suggest they're still "working the bugs out".

If you booked yesterday (Friday) afternoon/evening it's possible you won't get a reply until Monday. While not positive, it's possible they don't send out email confirmation replies from the office over the weekend although the shuttles do operate.

Please do keep us posted! Reviews like yours are very very useful to future travelers. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#16232 - 10/29/05 09:57 AM Re: Madrid: AEROCITY problems
Rodger Offline

Thanks for input, i use OPERA as my browser and by switching to Explorer i now have sent an email without error. When i try to book again i now get an error about dates which does not make sense.
As we arrive in Madrid in 26 hrs time we have no idea if we have a booking or not. Guess we will try the stand at the airport and see what they can do. If not we will use a taxi, last visit(5 years ago) we were tricked like many others so thought this was a safer bet. Not a good way to start your visit but we know Madrid is a great place so take it as part of the cost of travel!
Aerocity need to give their web designers a hard time, this is not a good advert and thanks to sites like this we can at least warn fellow customers in advance.

#16233 - 10/29/05 12:27 PM Re: Madrid: AEROCITY problems
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
I had problems with the web site as well but all of a sudden it worked one day after trying for a week but don't fear. They take people without reservations as well.
My problem is that I still had to wait with a reservation. I think there hands are very full.

#16234 - 10/30/05 01:07 PM Re: Madrid: AEROCITY problems
Blossom Offline

Loc: Bath, UK
I have used Aerocity twice. The first time was last December and I had no problems booking via their web site and received confirmation by e-mail. On arrival in Madrid they did seem to have a record of the booking.
The second time was in September. I had problems with the web site, at least the English version, but thought my booking had gone through. But I didn't receive a confirmation e-mail so telephoned them and asked to speak to someone who spoke English. The girl I spoke to checked for my reservation, which they hadn't received, so I made the booking then by telephone and she gave me a booking reference. When we arrived in Madrid they didn't seem to have any record of the booking, even though I gave them the reference number, but we only had to wait about 20 minutes, which as it was 9.00pm on a Saturday evening wasn't too bad.

Both times I only booked for the arrival in Madrid and asked Alberto at the Hostal Adriano to telephone them the day before the return journey and told them what time we wanted to be at the airport, and they told me what time they would pick us up. Both times we were picked up on time and arrived at the airport early.

#16235 - 11/08/05 03:50 AM Re: Madrid: AEROCITY problems
Rodger Offline

Had 5 great days in Madrid and glad to say Aerocity provided an excellent service both ways.
On arrival went to the desk, explained i had tried to book and i am not sure if they knew about us or not. Anyway they had about 5 Uk customers waiting and we were on our way in less than 10 minutes.
The airport was very crowded so guess it would have taken longer to get a taxi. There were two dropoffs before us but very close to our hotel so it was very quick. Coming back we rang from our hotel in the morning, they speak excellent english, we were picked up on time and they got us to the airport ontime. The vans are fine for the journey and since the "average" taxi is a Skoda Octavia i think more roomy and as the traffic is fast and manic the extra metal of the van seems much safer to my wimpish UK traffic sense!!
I would use Aerocity again and would give them a try even without prebooking, you have nothing to lose, price 21 euro from airport 18 back.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2555 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments