Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#16151 - 10/05/05 02:37 PM Madrid airport to Atocha Station to Seville...
lmoose Offline

Hola -

My wife and I are landing in Madrid on a Sunday, November 6th at 7:10 and then continuing on to Seville. I've read that taking the metro and then the commuter train to Atocha is quicker than taking only the metro and then making three transfers but I don't know if that's the case for Sunday morning. Do the trains run less frequently then?

I'd like to catch the 11:00 AVE train - do you think there is enough time to get through customs, get to Atocha, buy the ticket and get on the train? Is there a chance it will be sold out? Originally the plane got in at 6:10 so I wasn't too concerned with time, but it was rescheduled. The 12:00 AVE train might work for us too, but I'd like to make the 11:00 just to be safe.

We have to catch a 4:00 bus in Seville to Aracena so time is important. I thought we'd take a taxi to the bus station once we arrive. If we don't make it we'll just spend the night in Seville but we'd really like to get the bus. I know it's a lot of travelling but the first day is always a blur so we don't mind.

Any suggestions or ideas are much appreciated. Do you think our plans are possible?

Thanks.

#16152 - 10/06/05 04:53 AM Re: Madrid airport to Atocha Station to Seville...
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
Sounds feasible, on sunday you would have lower frequencies for the trains, but once you are inside... that pleads for diminishing the number of changes.

It would be normal to be fully sold out that day, but you could try to either reserve or buy online to be on the safe side,. www.renfe.es

#16153 - 10/06/05 04:55 AM Re: Madrid airport to Atocha Station to Seville...
Nativo Offline

My mistake.... I should have said,...I would NOT be usual to be sold out... you should have noo problems finding tickets last minute. If you are looking for extra cheap tickets that may be another story.

#16154 - 10/06/05 06:13 AM Re: Madrid airport to Atocha Station to Seville...
Torrales Offline

Yes, it is faster to take metro line 8 from Airport to Nuevos Ministerios, and there transfer to the commuter train system (called Cercanias) to do the Nuevos Ministerios-Atocha leg.

You arrive on a Sunday and the trains' frequency is lower, but do not worry. Lower means that there are about 10 trains per hour, rather than the nearly 20 trains on weekdays. The trip Nuevos Ministerios-Atocha takes about 8 minutes with only one intermediate stop at Recoletos.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments