Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#16141 - 09/28/05 10:44 PM Madrid: Are Public Trans Weekly Passes Sold here?
JohnT Offline

Loc: Media, PA
Do they have anything in Madrid equivalent to the public transportation weekly passes one can buy in London, Parism or Rome? Or is it just the 1.15 euro tickets only for each trip? I am going with my family (2 adults/3 teenagers) over Christmas/New Years holidays for 2 weeks and was just wondering.

#16142 - 09/29/05 03:15 AM Re: Madrid: Are Public Trans Weekly Passes Sold here?
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
There is no weekly pass, but you can buy a ten trip ticket good on bus or Metro that cuts the cost per trip in half. Downside over a weekly pass is that each time you change buses you have use a trip and there is no transfer between Metro and bus or bus and Metro. For Metro, you pay one fare for the entire trip regardless of how many changes of trains you make.

#16143 - 09/29/05 03:50 AM Re: Madrid: Are Public Trans Weekly Passes Sold here?
YZYZ Offline

Loc: Madrid
It also costs 5.80€ per the 10 trip ticket. So all things considered that is pretty cheap even though you don't get a transfer.

#16144 - 09/29/05 01:05 PM Re: Madrid: Are Public Trans Weekly Passes Sold here?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
There is a weekly pass. It's called Abono turístico . It's so popular that ChrisR didn't know about it even though she lives in Madrid :p

In my opinion, it's expensive and, unless you travel a lot, you'll save money if you buy 10 trips tickets. Note that if you are staying somewhere in a central location you won't probably need public transportation.

#16145 - 10/03/05 05:27 AM Re: Madrid: Are Public Trans Weekly Passes Sold here?
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
Wow, a weekly pass!! I've never met anyone using one and I've been here for two years. I'll have to check it out for other reasons.

#16146 - 10/04/05 06:25 AM Re: Madrid: Are Public Trans Weekly Passes Sold here?
Porque Bronco Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
It's 18,40 for all public transport witin zone A for 7 days.
http://www.metromadrid.es/default.asp?id=168#abonos

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2714 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments