Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#16059 - 09/08/05 01:00 AM renfe website lament
berkeley Offline

Loc: Berkeley CA USA
Is it me? Is it my browser? What happened to the Renfe website??

Back in 2002 when we were planning our first trip to Spain, the Renfe website was a dream: intuitive, informative, the very definition of user-friendly -- & in English to boot! I remember selecting my train & buying the tickets in what seemed like mere minutes.

Imagine my disappointment now, 3 years later, as I confront a completely different Renfe website: technically appalling, full of bugs & dead ends, convoluted organization & hard-to-find information -- & that's the Spanish site! As for the English site -- what site? It's just the bare skeleton of one page, just as buggy & ineffective as the Spanish site. mad

Is anyone else having this experience or am I under some strangely specific curse? Anyone having any luck w/ a different browser? I've tried both Explorer & Safari, pages keep crashing.

& if it is just me... thanks for letting me vent! rolleyes

#16060 - 09/08/05 02:42 AM Re: renfe website lament
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
I could tell you tons of things about Renfe and its IT division. After all I worked two years for them.
If you only knew HOW they work, you would not be surprised about their crappy site.
The reason for the current disaster is that the people who designed the former well done site are not working on the new one, Renfe has been splitted into several sub companies (that's the government trying to save the most profitable parts of the company) and the IT division has been splitted as well.

#16061 - 09/12/05 01:36 AM Re: renfe website lament
berkeley Offline

Loc: Berkeley CA USA
How interesting... too bad. Well, thanks for the validation. Alas! I'll always have the memories anyway.... rolleyes

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2742 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments