Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#16039 - 08/30/05 12:44 PM First time in Madrid
alex1 Offline

Loc: Chicago
First time in Madrid. I'll make a 6 hours stop in betwen planes. Is it enough to hop on a bus or train from the airport to center of town, take some pictures and come back for my next flight? What's the best way to do this? Thanks to anybody that can shed a light into this.
Alex

#16040 - 08/30/05 03:36 PM Re: First time in Madrid
SFY Offline

Loc: Filadelfia
Six hours should give you plenty of time to hop on the Metro and spend a few hours in Madrid before your next flight. Just be sure to allow enough time to go back through security.

#16041 - 08/30/05 08:20 PM Re: First time in Madrid
villa Offline

Loc: Madrid
You should take metro form Barajas airport to Nuevos Ministerios stop (Line 8, pink, travel will take 15 minutes). This metro station is in the middle of Paseo de la Castellana, the main street of the city, you can take bus 27 to Cibeles circus (it will take another 15 minutes), where you can see Banco de España, Puerta de Alcalá, Correos headquarters, Prado Museum and walk to Sol too. Ejoy it

#16042 - 08/31/05 04:01 AM Re: First time in Madrid
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Just watch your pockets while you are on bus 27, it is notorious for its crafty pickpocketers (so I have been told).

I ride bus 27 frequently (at least 1-2x per week) and have never had a problem, but have been warned... by Spanish citizens. So, just passing along the info.

Have fun!

#16043 - 08/31/05 08:32 AM Re: First time in Madrid
YZYZ Offline

It depends on how late your flight from Chicago is delayed wink I haven't had too much luck with flights in the US the last couple of times so that 6 hours may turn out to be less. Also it depends on where the next flight takes you.

Otherwise yes, you should be able to get out again depending on the day and time. If you hit rush hour, the metro would be the best choice. If not then a taxi might be the quickest use of your time. They are not too costly from the airport to the major areas.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments