Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#15929 - 07/13/05 08:54 AM Madrid Airport to Salamanca - Help!!
chrismiss56 Offline

Hi

We are landing early in the morning at the Madrid Airport and need to travel directly to Salamanca. There are 3 of us with luggage. Any suggestions? I have been told the train is the best way. Is there a train at the airport?

Thanks!!

#15930 - 07/13/05 09:08 AM Re: Madrid Airport to Salamanca - Help!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi chrismiss56! Welcome to our ALL SPAIN Message Board!!! smile

There's no train (or bus) from Madrid's Barajas airport to Salamanca. You'll have to enter Madrid city to the appropriate train (or bus) station. Check train schedules/prices @ http://www.RENFE.es (English version available) and Auto-Res bus schedules/prices @ http://www.auto-res.net/

I've conducted a search for you of this forum category and found the following relevant threads:

" Madrid->Salamanca Transportation? " & " Madrid-Salamanca AutoRes "

Best of luck and enjoy your stay in Salamanca!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#15931 - 07/13/05 09:22 AM Re: Madrid Airport to Salamanca - Help!!
chrismiss56 Offline

Thanks for the information -

If I take the express bus is there room for luggage. Each of us will have a suitcase and carryon.

Also what is the best way for non-Spanish speaking people to get from the airport to either the bus station or train station.

If we take the train it says there is 2nd class only. What does that mean? Again is there room for our luggage.

Thanks!!

#15932 - 07/13/05 09:39 AM Re: Madrid Airport to Salamanca - Help!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi again! Check out that Auto-Res website, click ENGLISH as your language of choice. From the menu, click INFORMATION towards the top. Then, at left, click OUR COACHES, then choose EXPRESS BUS. Wow, those Express Buses are LUXURIOUS! Leather seats?! eek Looks VERY comfortable. And yes, all these wonderful Spanish (non-city-public) buses are have LOTS of cargo space in the belly of the bus.

Now, what's the BEST way for a non-Spanish-speaking person to get to the train/bus station? Hmmm.. The best way.... I suppose it could be to simply tell the taxi driver the name of the train/bus station and let him do the work but I'm not so sure ONE taxi would be able to carry your luggage of one-suitcase-per-person - depends on the size of the suitcases, I guess.

With the luggage you'll have I wouldn't really recommend taking the metro - it'd be difficult to negotiate the metro changes at the different stops.

You could hire AeroCITY to take you there directly but they mainly only take airport arrivals to hotels however they may be able to give you direct transportation at a different price.

Regarding the 2nd Class Only train - I really don't know. Maybe someone else is familiar with this particular train to Salamanca. My guess is there's only one type of service to/from Salamanca. And yes, I'm certain there's space for your luggage.

Best of luck and enjoy your time in Spain!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#15933 - 07/14/05 01:07 PM Re: Madrid Airport to Salamanca - Help!!
JasMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
You can either take a cab for 20 - 30€ from the Airport to Atocha or Chamartin train stations, or you can take the metro (which I recommend) all the way to Colombia station, and then transfer to line 9 and in three stops you will be at Chamartin.

#15934 - 08/06/05 10:27 PM Re: Madrid Airport to Salamanca - Help!!
SalaChic Offline

Loc: Trumansburg, NY
From someone who's been doing this trip for the last 20 years.......the best way would be to take a cap from Barajas airport to the bus station. But be careful, there is more than one. The one that has buses that go to Salamanca is located on calle Fernandez Shaw. Might want to write that down on a paper to show the drive: AutoRes, C/Fernandez Shaw. The buses are VERY comfortable and yes, there is space underneath for your luggage. But I would also recommend paying a little extra for the EXPRES bus, which means there are no stops in between. The ride takes about 2 1/2 hours. The "regular" bus takes about 3 +/- hours and makes several stops. If you have any other salamanca questions, feel free to write to me. salachic@yahoo.com

Karen Sanchez

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments