Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#15912 - 07/01/05 10:32 PM Globus Tours: any good?
cazador007 Offline

Loc: Cuidad de Denton, Los Tejas
My travel agent said that Globus is a highly respected tour company in Europe, and really the world. We took one of their tours in Canada, but I was wondering if anyone had feedback on them in Spain?

We are thinking of taking their 16 day package of Spain, Portugal, and Morocco. Thanks for any feedback!

#15913 - 07/01/05 11:45 PM Re: Globus Tours: any good?
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Hmm.. I would be interested to read replies from anyone who has taken a Globus tour in Europe. I have not (I tour with my own company cool !) but I have not heard wonderful things about Globus, and I try to pay quite a bit of attention to the tour operator business. My impression was that they are cheap. They're a big company and can get great deals, but quality and authenticity may be lacking as they cut corners. This is especially true with meals and with tour managers - two of the most important aspects of the touring experience. I imagine your travel agent sells Globus tours - as many do - and gets a commission.

I just did a search at epinions and came up with this thread. Hope it helps. I guess it really depends on what kind of experience you're looking for, and luck!

#15914 - 07/02/05 05:30 AM Re: Globus Tours: any good?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Years ago, we did a Gateway/Globus Tour (Lisbon-Malaga-Madrid). It was an 'on your own' type that they may not offer anymore: Hotels, airport transfers and baggage handling included - no guided tours.

In Malaga we were delighted with the accomodation: We were 3-people and they gave us a suite overlooking the Mediterranean (7-days).

We left the tour in Lisbon to stay with relatives (didn't use their hotel); in Madrid it was a 3-star near Puerta de Toledo.

For our purposes the Gateway/Globus tour was good. We had to pay full price for my (then) 12-year old daughter; but travelling as a threesome and getting put up in suites made it worth the extra cost cool

Gateway was Globus' low priced tours, probably no longer offered.

#15915 - 08/03/05 09:08 PM Re: Globus Tours: any good?
McTravel Offline

Loc: Painesville Township, Ohio
I've never done Globus, but my parents have traveled with them twice. The first time to Egypt, and they were the only ones who hadn't been with Globus before. The second time was to Italy and Greece. They had nothing but great things to say about them.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2706 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments