Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#15906 - 06/27/05 06:01 PM Eurail Pass once in Spain?
MadridGirl273 Offline

Is it possible for a U.S. citizen to purchase a Eurail Select pass once already in Spain? Do I just need to go to Atocha to do this if itīs possible?

Thanks for any insight!

#15907 - 06/28/05 05:28 AM Re: Eurail Pass once in Spain?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Lindsey writes:
Quote:
Is it possible for a U.S. citizen to purchase a Eurail Select pass once already in Spain? Do I just need to go to Atocha to do this if itīs possible?
I don't know about the specific Eurail Selectpass, but a Renfe Ticket Agent at Sevilla Santa Justa told me he could sell me a SpainPass or an IbericPass (Spain & Portugal). All I had to do was to verify that I was there as a Tourist by showing a recent Entry Stamp on my U.S. Passport.

I don't think this would 'fly' if you are residing in Spain even though you have a U.S. Passport

#15908 - 06/28/05 09:36 AM Re: Eurail Pass once in Spain?
Granadina80 Offline

Loc: Granada as of 9/12
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when I moved to Spain a couple years ago I was told that you CANNOT purchase a rail pass of any kind when in Europe... it has to be done in the States. Reason being they have to mail it to you. Now, I don't know if they could mail it to your family? and then have your family send it to you? I dunno... just an idea. Anyways, I found the rail pass to be more of a pain than anything. Most of the time it takes FOREVER to get to where you're going... 23 hours from Granada to Paris. ARGH! That's including a layover in Madrid though. I recommend just using easyjet.com. You can find flights that are cheaper than the rail rates, plus you'll get there much more quickly! laugh

#15909 - 06/30/05 03:43 PM Re: Eurail Pass once in Spain?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Get it before you go. Mitigate any unforeseen complications. When I did that it was a while back, but they did mail it to me as was mentioned. I enjoy "seat-of-your-pants" travel as much as the next guy, but when you're saving big bucks, best to have it in hand.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2527 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments