Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#15877 - 06/15/05 03:49 AM Metro Madrid: Line 3 closure during summer
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
The line 3 (Legazpi-Arguelles) will be closed since June 11th until end September. Metro will carry out work on the 2nd phase of modernisation, maintenance and improvements. These include:

* Modifications to all stations. New entrance halls will be built and elevators will be installed to improve accessibility.
* Enlarged platforms. New trains will be incorporated that will increase passenger capacity.

There will be a special bus line (E3) at no cost for the passenger in order to minimise the disturbances caused. The line will follow more or less the route of the metro line.

Stations impacted are Legazpi, Delicias, Palos de la Frontera, Embajadores, Lavapies, Sol, Callao, Plaza de España, Ventura Rodriguez, Arguelles, and Moncloa.

#15878 - 06/15/05 10:48 AM Re: Metro Madrid: Line 3 closure during summer
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Thank you for the heads up on this info. I won't be angrily surprised when I go to use line 3 this summer and it's not operating. This happened last summer too!
At least we can take the bus.

#15879 - 06/15/05 11:13 AM Re: Metro Madrid: Line 3 closure during summer
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'll keep that in mind too as I'm sure it'll come in handy upon my arrival in MADRID this weekend! (woo hoo!!!)

For those numerically challenged wink , line three is the YELLOW LINE which crosses through SOL from southeast Madrid to northwest Madrid (more or less).

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#15880 - 06/16/05 04:10 AM Re: Metro Madrid: Line 3 closure during summer
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
It will probably happen again next Summer. The works are really huge, that is why they decided to close the line in Summer, the season when the demand is lower. All stations will be enlarged from 60 meters to 90, adapted for impaired people, and the line itself will be enlarged 8,7 kilometers to the South, opening 7 new stations. The completion of the works is expected by Spring 2007.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2596 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments