Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#15869 - 06/12/05 10:06 PM san sebastian-bayonne itinerary . is it right?
lfurber Offline

Hi. I´m helping my parents organize their trip to spain in august. Their ideas were Madrid (4 nights)drive to avila, segovia and salamanca (stay there 2 nights). Somehow travel to Santander (stay there 4 nights). Take bus to San sebastian (do day trip to Bilbao, Biarritz). Somehow travel to Bayonne. Is this right? Does anyone recommend staying some nights in Bayonne. They also suggested Bordeaux which looks very nice. They kind of want these cities since my ancestors (spaniards) made this trip. Is the time schedule right? Any ideas on transportation from city to city? Help. Not much time left and no clue as to what I´m doing.

#15870 - 06/13/05 01:31 AM Re: san sebastian-bayonne itinerary . is it right?
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Bayonne is right next to Biarritz. Stay in Biarritz and take a short drive to Bayonne. Biarritz has lots more to see than Bayonne. In fact, you may find it hard to leave Biarritz. I suggest a day trip up to the mountains, to Saint Jean Pied de Port. Of course, this is all France, not Spain. By the way, do stop in Burgos at least for lunch, or better yet stay one or two nights. It's a great place. Sounds like a great trip--but it might be easier and more fun with a rental car.

#15871 - 06/13/05 01:11 PM Re: san sebastian-bayonne itinerary . is it right?
lfurber Offline

thank you so much for your suggestion. will arrange for stay in biarritz. Does anyone know the best way to get to santander from salamanca. Seems as if the only bus (alsa) takes 5hr15. Anything faster?

Thanks for the help, I feel much more informed. Will let you know of final itinerary.

#15872 - 06/16/05 05:35 PM Re: san sebastian-bayonne itinerary . is it right?
ELECTRACITY Offline

Loc: CANADA
Bus is the best way to get around. Some lines (routes) have an express service. Ask to see if they have it.

Here is a tip: When you arrive at the bus station, go to the ticket wickets (if open)to buy your tickets for the departure.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2501 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments