Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#15811 - 05/22/05 03:50 PM Re: Sky-high airfare
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have fun MadridMan!Wish I could be there with you.I'll probably return sometime during the fall.It's been almost 2 years since my last trip to Madrid and I'm getting really anxious.And don't worry too much about the heat,just make sure you drink plenty of ice cold Fantas de limon laugh

Que viva Espana!

#15812 - 05/22/05 03:56 PM Re: Sky-high airfare
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Congratulations, Madridman! Have a great time! smile

#15813 - 05/22/05 08:07 PM Re: Sky-high airfare
La Tortuga Offline

Loc: Tennessee
Does this mean there will be a get-together with Madridman in Madrid? I'm still new to all this. Even though I don't leave for Spain until May 31, I've already fallen in love thanks to all you wonderful people and your posts. smile Unfortunately, I'm losing sleep following the many threads! laugh But I love every minute of it! I'll be in Madrid June 1 - 3 when I go to Valladolid. I'll be back in Madrid June 19 (hopefully speaking a little Spanish) and leaving for home frown June 20.

#15814 - 05/22/05 10:17 PM Re: Sky-high airfare
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
La Tortuga et.al.: it remains to be seen if a "Party with MadridMan in Madrid" will take place during my short visit next month. It's possible but if it does happen it'll likely be a lower-key, less formal get-together. But unfortunately, I arrive on Saturday morning, June 18th and I don't expect to have a gathering THAT night as I'll likely be quite tired/jet-lagged. Sunday the 19th is out because, well, it's Sunday. So that's it. Sorry!

But back to the topic, hope ANY of you can get some decent airfares. Upon choosing seats on my Delta flight I could see on the graphic that ONLY A FEW REMAINED! I was able to get aisle seats the whole route, thank goodness. A couple of $4 eek French wines with dinner are still worth the money - helps to ease my excitement so that I MIGHT sleep on the plane - which almost NEVER happens.

I found a SURPRISING FEW airlines offering 1-stop flights to Madrid via the consolidated airfare finder websites like Orbitz and Expedia. MOST of the lower cost flights (i.e. $1,100+ eek ) had 2+ stops rolleyes Seems the airlines are trying to cut costs by offering (nearly) only multi-stop flights while still raising the prices a bit more so they can make a little more $$$ per seat.

There's also an excellent chance I'll be returning to Madrid for another 10+ day visit in October so I expect the airfares THEN to be about half (or there abouts) what I paid for this June ticket.

Hope the rest of you have better luck. Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#15815 - 05/23/05 01:11 AM Re: Sky-high airfare
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Check with the Iberia.com US site during June. The last 3 years I have been able to lock in a September fare around $525. It goes away in July.

I once purchased a one-stop ticket on Continetal for labor day weekend for $425 tax included. It was a last minute deal on Travelocity.

Otherwise, it is my experience that it is hard to find fares less than US$800 from September until November 1st.

BTW, I agree with MadridMan about Air France. I once spent an enjoyable trip drinking free splits of French Champagne with a man next to me who claimed to be at different times a diplomat, a member of the French underground and an expert oenophile. He was such a good raconteur, it didn't matter if they were true!

#15816 - 05/23/05 09:56 AM Re: Sky-high airfare
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Regarding autumn fares - British Airways currently has a pretty good offer if you book by May 26 - $179 each way NY & Newark to London. Plus taxes and fees (about $110). You can pick up a cheap flight on to Madrid.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/ussoff/public/en_us?prim=specoff

#15817 - 06/01/05 08:40 AM Re: Sky-high airfare
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I started to look for flights to Spain in September/October. If there going to be "Party with MadridMan in Madrid" in October I will make my plans for October. Also how many days is this party? Maybe someone should post some target dates in October that way people have an idea when it might take place.

Right now Iberia has posted on their website prices in the early fall which I think are reasonable, but I going to wait a few weeks to see if British Airlines or Air France will have specials in the fall. laugh

Bill

#15818 - 06/08/05 10:35 PM Re: Sky-high airfare
AMM_dup1 Offline

Loc: NY
If you don't have specific dates guiding your trip, watch the paper. We saw 225.00 round trip tickets to Ireland and England. Then the inter-europe flight to Madrid was around 100.00.(one-way).

We were dictated by dates and we booked through a travel agent. Flight from JFK to Madrid, another flight to Paris, a third flight to Dublin, and finally a flight from Dublin home to JFK...all this for 1000.00 per person. We were happy!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2575 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments